Say It Isn't So! Kate Middleton Considering Non-White Wedding Dress?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 31st 2011 08:14PM
** UPDATE: Visit AOL Royal Wedding for photos of Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton **
With the wedding of the century now just a few months away, everyone is buzzing about what exactly Kate Middelton will be wearing when she unites with Prince William and becomes a real-life princess. Since details about the dress have been a well-guarded secret, the biggest question in Britain is ... what color will it be?
"Even the dress makers didn't know what color Di's dress would be as the fabric was ordered in white and cream," a Royal insider tells me about Princess Diana's wedding in 1981. "I expect the same is happening right now with Kate's dress. White is a very tough color to pull off, so I'm sure both bride and designer are talking about cream and ivory as well."
No matter which color Kate eventually goes with, the fashion community considers this dress to be one of the most important of all time.
Her choice could set trends for style and color of wedding gowns for years to come, just like her soon-to-be late mother-in-law did back in 1981 with her meringue dress.
"Kate certainly takes fashion risks," one insider tells me. "When she attended a friend's wedding a few weeks ago she wore black and no bra. Anyone that is expecting a boring dress for her big day or boring white should think again."
Oh boy, will Kate follow in Valerie Bertinelli's footsteps and wear blue?
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Style -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Nicole Richie As Cruella De Vil, Kids as 101 Dalmatians For Halloween: See Their Adorable Costumes
- Amal Alamuddin's Aunts Were "Fangirling Over" George Clooney at Wedding Bash
- Kate Hudson Halloween Party Guest Wears Blue Balls Costume, Wins Halloween
- ?Controlling!’ Portia de Rossi ‘Checking In’ On Wife Ellen DeGeneres At Work ? ?Worried' She'll Cheat?