Vanity Fair's 17th Annual Hollywood Issue Showcases Superheroes and Oscar Nominees
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Feb 1st 2011 12:00AM
For the 17th annual Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue, the magazine wrangled a group of Tinseltown's biggest stars for a three-panel foldout cover shot by Norman Jean Roy.
The 15 actors featured range in age from 20-year-old Jennifer Lawrence to 80-year-old Robert Duvall. The shoot's fashion and style director Jessica Diehl said, "We wanted to evoke the glamour of 1930s Shanghai, an era of smoky, alluring elegance."
Upcoming Oscar hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco are among the actors featured, along with Anthony Mackie, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Garrett Hedlund and the upcoming 'Spider-Man' star Andrew Garfield.
Hollywood hunks Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds also grace the mag's cover, along with 'Black Swan' actress Mila Kunis, 'Tron: Legacy' star Olivia Wilde and the original 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Noomi Rapace.
Three cast members of 'The Social Network' grace Vanity Fair's March cover: the previously mentioned Andrew Garfield, along with Jesse Eisenberg and Rashida Jones.
The Hollywood issue hits newsstands Feb. 3 in New York and Los Angeles, and nationally on Feb. 8.
From Vanity Fair: More From the Hollywood Issue | The Portfolio
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joe Brown reportedly begins 5-day jail term for contempt of court
- Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton: Why I became a $600/hr hooker
- Maria Menounos reportedly feuding with fellow E! News host Catt Sadler
- 'American Dad' Renewed for Two More Seasons at TBS
- 'Homeland' Season 5 Trailer Leans Heavy on Hackers
- 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' Film Gets Winter 2016 Release Date Opposite 'Rogue One'
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- This Teacher's 'Harry Potter'-Themed Classroom Is Magical
- See Taylor Swift & Lisa Kudrow Sing 'Smelly Cat' from 'Friends'
- Jack Black's 17 Best Movie Roles