Zsa Zsa Gabor Rushed to Hospital, May Have Another Leg Infection
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 1st 2011 02:30PM
Prince Frederic von Anhalt told TMZ that there was "lots of blood coming out of her mouth" while they were at home, so he called for help. She is currently at UCLA Medical Center where von Anhalt says his wife has a fever and a leg infection. He also says she has blood and water in her lungs.
Family publicist John Blanchette told CNN Gabor "was spitting blood."
Gabor is currently recovering from having a part of her right leg amputated on Jan. 14. An infected bone in the 93-year-old's leg necessitated the procedure. According to van Anhalt, Gabor hasn't recognized anyone since the surgery. Her birthday is on Sunday.
Gabor was hospitalized back in November after she complained of pain and swelling in her legs. That was when the ailing actress's private physician found a "massive blood clot." Gabor was reportedly so ill during the month of August that she requested last rites.
After suffering a bone-breaking fall on July 18, Gabor was hospitalized and eventually had a hip replacement. Throughout her hospital stay, there was a series of conflicting reports intimating that she was near death (according to her husband) as well as "going strong" (said daughter Constance Francesca Hilton).
Gabor, a Hungarian-American socialite and actress, has been known for decades for her thick accent, prolific trips down the aisle and for pioneering the act of being "famous merely for being famous," as she's often described. Her best-known role was in 1952's 'Moulin Rouge.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- BBC Trust Poised to Get First Female Chair
- Telluride: Francis Ford Coppola Spills 'Apocalypse Now' Secrets on 35th Anniversary
- 'Unbroken' Star Jack O'Connell On Empathizing With Prisoners, Becoming Louis Zamperini
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?
- Labor Day Binge Guide: Catch Up on These Returning Shows Right Now