Farrah Fawcett's Iconic Red Swimsuit to be Donated to the Smithsonian
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 2nd 2011 12:40PM
Fawcett's former partner, Ryan O'Neal, is donating the red-hot number, along with other Fawcett memorabilia, to Washington D.C.'s Smithsonian Museum of American History.
"It's an honor to see Farrah's famous red bathing suit donated to the Smithsonian Institution, celebrating her place in pop culture," said Ryan. "The swimsuit is exactly where it belongs, and I know Farrah is looking down on us today flashing that big smile that we all loved."
"The donation will include the red swimsuit, an original copy of the swimsuit poster, a leather-bound book of Fawcett's personal copies of scripts for the first season of 'Charlie's Angels,' a Fawcett swimsuit jigsaw puzzle, a 'Farrah Phenomenon' 1976 edition of TV Guide, a 'Charlie's Angels' 1976 edition of Time magazine, an original 1977 Farrah Fawcett doll and a 'Farrah's Glamour Center' hairstyling toy," according to the Smithsonian's website.
Fawcett, a multiple Golden Globe winner, became a household name in the 1970s with recurring roles on TV hits including 'I Dream of Jeannie' and 'The Flying Nun.'
It was her star-making turn as private investigator Jill Munroe on 'Charlie's Angels' that earned the actress worldwide recognition as a sex symbol.
Fawcett, who rekindled her romance with O'Neal in 2001 after splitting in the late 1990s, passed away in 2009 after a lengthy battle with cancer.
Watch Fawcett's classic 'Charlie's Angels' intro.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber Detained at LAX, Not Allowed In U.S.: Details
- Ciara Bares Baby Bump for W Mag: Pregnant Singer Talks Kim Kardashian Advice
- Stacy Keibler Glams Up Baby Bump In Tight White Dress at Wedding: Picture
- Girl Crush! Robin Roberts Gushes Over ‘Lovely' RHOBH Star Lisa Vanderpump: She Oozes Beauty!
- It's Over! Kardashians Reach Settlement With Makeup Company, Ending Bitter Lawsuit
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'