Farrah Fawcett's Iconic Red Swimsuit to be Donated to the Smithsonian
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 2nd 2011 12:40PM
Fawcett's former partner, Ryan O'Neal, is donating the red-hot number, along with other Fawcett memorabilia, to Washington D.C.'s Smithsonian Museum of American History.
"It's an honor to see Farrah's famous red bathing suit donated to the Smithsonian Institution, celebrating her place in pop culture," said Ryan. "The swimsuit is exactly where it belongs, and I know Farrah is looking down on us today flashing that big smile that we all loved."
"The donation will include the red swimsuit, an original copy of the swimsuit poster, a leather-bound book of Fawcett's personal copies of scripts for the first season of 'Charlie's Angels,' a Fawcett swimsuit jigsaw puzzle, a 'Farrah Phenomenon' 1976 edition of TV Guide, a 'Charlie's Angels' 1976 edition of Time magazine, an original 1977 Farrah Fawcett doll and a 'Farrah's Glamour Center' hairstyling toy," according to the Smithsonian's website.
Fawcett, a multiple Golden Globe winner, became a household name in the 1970s with recurring roles on TV hits including 'I Dream of Jeannie' and 'The Flying Nun.'
It was her star-making turn as private investigator Jill Munroe on 'Charlie's Angels' that earned the actress worldwide recognition as a sex symbol.
Fawcett, who rekindled her romance with O'Neal in 2001 after splitting in the late 1990s, passed away in 2009 after a lengthy battle with cancer.
Watch Fawcett's classic 'Charlie's Angels' intro.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Connie Britton, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Were College Roommates: See the Amazing '80s Throwback Photo
- Sonequa Martin-Green Is Pregnant, Walking Dead Star Expecting First Child With Husband Kenric Green
- Prince Harry, Cressida Bonas Back On After April Split
- Jackie Kennedy’s Suicide Secret! Former First Lady Was Tormented By Suicidal Thoughts After JFK's Death, Numbed Herself With Vodka, And Dreamed Of Seeing Him In Heaven, New Book Reveals
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Kendall Jenner Walks Second Show at Milan Fashion Week, Hits Runway in Sheer White Ensemble—See the Pics!
- Dylan Penn Talks Robert Pattinson, Justin Timberlake and Her Naked Photo Spread
- Iggy Azalea Really Does Not Want to Be Photographed Amid Sex Tape Scandal, Wears a Blanket Over Her Head