Zsa Zsa's Daughter Fears for Her Mother's Fortune
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 2nd 2011 09:30AM
Zsa Zsa Gabor's daughter Constance "Francesca" Hilton is preparing for an epic legal showdown with her stepfather, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, over her ailing mother's estate as the glamorous socialite-turned-actress finds herself in critical condition at an LA hospital.
"Frederic has put Zsa Zsa's Bel Air mansion on the market, but Francesca insists he has no right to sell the property," a family insider tells me. Why? "He signed a prenuptial agreement before marrying Gabor."
The 26-room property was built in 1955, reportedly by Howard Hughes, and Elvis lived there in the '60s. It was even the location of Zsa Zsa's ninth marriage, to Frederic himself, although today it's not in the greatest shape.
His royal highness wants a staggering $28 million for the property. He told TMZ, which proudly calls him "Prince von Ahole," that the house has become "too much of a headache" and that he's "sick and f**king tired" of paying $30,000 in monthly maintenance.
Frederic, who became titled when he was adult-adopted by a German princess in his 30s, even held a press event INSIDE the house and told everyone that he couldn't afford not to sell and had "already been inundated" with calls from interested buyers, many from China and Russia.
Not surprisingly, my family source says Zsa Zsa's only child does not trust her stepfather to handle her famous mother's finances and is particularly worried he will make legal moves to cut her out.
"Francesca has had a long and terrible relationship with her stepfather and is terrified that as her mother lies back in a hospital bed he will convince her to sign something that would leave her with nothing," the insider says. "She doesn't trust this man and is very worried about her mother."
Francesca is the star's only child. Her father was Zsa Zsa's second husband, the late hotelier Conrad Hilton.
Zsa Zsa was rushed to UCLA Medical Center on Tuesday after Frederic said she had started spitting up blood. He told reporters that she has another leg infection, horrific news that comes just two weeks after she had a portion of her right leg amputated.
Pray for Zsa Zsa and let's hope Frederic does the right thing.
All Things Zsa Zsa
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, takes reporters on a tour of their Bel Air hous on Jan. 25. He has put the 26-room up for sale fora reported $28 million. More Photos >>
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Health Issues -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Garth Brooks may surpass Elvis Presley by releasing digital music
- Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose after relapse, coroner says
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Set for Summer 2017
- HBO's Bill Maher Imagines Rupert Murdoch as New Boss (Guest Column)
- Comic-Con: USA's 'Dig' Launches Elaborate Scavenger Hunt (Exclusive)
- Batman at 75: DC Comics co-publisher discusses the Dark Knight's future
- You can't donate to Jon Stewart's CNN Kickstarter, but you can laugh at it
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True