GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Zolciak Goes on Instagram Rant After Swimsuit Picture Sparks Photoshop Accusations: "Every Last Bit Is Me"
- Beyonce Is Bootylicious in Skimpy Bikini Bottoms: See Pictures From Her Birthday Vacation
- Jessica Simpson Says "Life Is Better" Being Married, Is "Done" Having Kids With Eric Johnson
- Everything You Need To Know About Acai
- Radar Exclusive: Joan Rivers' Doctors Both Hire Attorneys As They Prep To Be Questioned About Her Shocking Death, Including Allegations That One Doc Snapped A Selfie Mid-Procedure, Says Source
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Attends Moroccanoil Inspired By Women Campaign Launch Event At The IAC Building
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Celebrity Makeup Artists Share Their Favorite Fall Lipsticks—Plus, See What Shades Stars Are Wearing This Season!
- Lady Gaga's Freaky Face Mask, James Franco's Under Eye Treatment and More Unglamorous Celeb Moments—See the Pics!
- Curtis Stone and Lindsey Price Welcome a Baby Boy—Find Out His Name!