GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Killing of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
- Sofia Vergara's Ex-Fiance Nick Loeb Sneaks Up on Her at Red Carpet Event -- See the Awkward Pic!
- Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump, Cleavage While Ryan Reynolds Looks On Adoringly
- Oscar Pistorius, Sentenced To 5 Years, Might Be Out Of Jail In 10 Months
- Speak-The-Plow! The ?Old Lindsay Lohan Is Back' & We Are ?Really Proud Of Her,' Says Friend
- ?Dembabies' Ain't Going Anywhere! Judge Throws Out Woman's Maternity Claim She's The Real Mother Of Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon's Twins
- Kris Jenner on Bruce's changing appearance: 'I don't know what he's going through'
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion