GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Wears Sexy One-Piece Swimsuit After Scott Disick's Mysterious Instagram Post
- Jenelle Evans Celebrates Son Jace's 6th Birthday With Zombie Party: Pictures
- Kendra Wilkinson: Being on TV Helped Heal My Marriage to Hank Baskett
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Holy Hotness! Shirtless Stephen Amell and Jared Padalecki Display Their Six-Pack Abs for a Good Cause
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Was "Perfect," Says Whitney Houston's Former Hairstylist—Get the Details
- Bindi Irwin, 17, Looks Gorgeous on Sunday Style Cover, Talks About Late Dad Steve Irwin and New Boyfriend—See Pic