GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Spanish Actress Anna Allen Accused of Stealing Celebs' Instagram Pictures, Photoshopping Herself Into Them
- Cara Delevingne Dating St. Vincent ? Get All the Details On Their "Lovey-Dovey" Romance
- Lady Gaga Nearly Blinds Us While Flashing Her Massive Engagement Ring While Drinking Champagne: See the Photo
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Dead Sexy? Victoria Beckham's Latest Fashion Campaign Features Lifeless-Looking Models: Pics
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Kick Off Paris Fashion Week Fall 2015 in H&M Studio Show—See the Pics!
- Kristen Stewart Reveals What She Finds Hot, Describes Her Type: ''I'm Not Afraid to Let People in Who Might Hurt Me''