GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elisabeth Moss Slams Jeremy Piven as "Highly Unprofessional"
- Ken Jeong Talks Hangover's Nude Scenes and Playing With the Asian Stereotype
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report
- Phone Call From Jail ? Jenelle Evans’ Incarcerated Husband Brags About Getting Her To Marry Him After Just 13 Days
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?