GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''