GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair on Playing Kris Jenner in American Crime Story: "I Don't Have Enough Good Things to Say About Her"
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Pic Napping With His Baby Girl: "There Is Nothing Better"
- Evan Ross' Sweet Birthday Message to Wife Ashlee Simpson
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show
- Filming begins in Dubai for new movie 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Hillary Clinton Returns to Saturday Night Live With a Message for Donald Trump—Watch Now!
- Tori Spelling Takes the Ultimate Lie-Detector Test: 5 Most Shocking Revelations From the Beverly Hills, 90210 Star
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere