GLAAD Outraged at 'SNL' Transgender Skit
By Kelly Fisher Posted Feb 2nd 2011 07:00AM
According to E! News, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is up in arms over a parodied commerical for a fake product called Once Daily Estro-Maxx, a pill designed to "give you all the sex-changing hormones you need."
Male 'SNL' cast members, including Bill Hader, are pictured as transgender women talking about their bodies and hormone levels.
"The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women," GLAAD said in a statement. "This segment cannot be defended as 'just a joke' because there was no 'joke' to speak of."
"The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women," the group continued.
GLAAD took to its website and has demanded an apology from NBC for the skit, which the group claims is a "dangerous and blatantly anti-transgender segment." GLAAD has also circulated a petition for supporters to sign demanding the online clip be removed as well.
So far, there has been no comment from 'SNL' regarding GLAAD's complaints.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato Doesn't Have a Thigh Gap, But Still Loves Her Body: See Her Motivational Bikini Pic
- Conan O'Brien Got Sucked Into an Episode of Gilmore Girls While Stranded at an Airport in Cuba
- Kenya Moore Explains Why She Got Involved in Phaedra Parks' Alleged Affair With a Man Named "Mr. Chocolate"
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- Madonna and Her "Sock Bitch" Puppet Talk Rebel Heart World Tour, Eat Cookies in Bed
- Kanye West Lectures Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, I Think There's Hope For Everyone—and More Yeezy Gems!
- Makeup & Match: How to Do the Perfect Smoky Eyes for Bold, Sexy Dresses