Rapper Juelz Santana Arrested With Drugs and Guns
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 3rd 2011 11:05AM
During a raid of the rapper's Bergenfield recording studio, police found "two fully-loaded 9mm handguns and 17 bags of suspected marijuana," Gawker reports.
According to Bergen County prosecutor John L. Molinelli, this is far from Santana's first brush with the law, citing previous arrests for weapons, drugs and making death threats against his girlfriend. The raid on the rapper's recording studio was only part of a 10-month investigation into suspected drug dealing and gang activities in the area.
Molinelli noted Santana's alleged affiliation with the Bloods, alluded to in a number of the rapper's songs, including titles like 'Red Bandana.'
"These guys are the real deal," he said.
Santana, whose real name is Laron James, made it big in the early 2000s with his song 'There It Go (The Whistle Song)' and appearances on his former Diplomats co-star Cam'ron's tracks 'Hey Ma' and 'Oh Boy.'
"I don't like to advertise the fact that he's a rapper, because some of these guys will use the arrest to increase their record sales," Molinelli told The Record. "To me, he's just a criminal."
Santana is being held at Hackensack's Bergen County Jail until his $125,000 bail is posted.
Check out Santana's 'The Whistle Song.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shawn Mendes: Taylor Swift 'the best person in the world'
- ?Killing Jesus' breaks rating record with 3.7 million viewers for NatGeo
- Hilary Duff explains bikini pic: I felt good
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Recap: Who Brought the Heat in Latin Week and Who Went Home?
- This Male Model Who Is Also a PhD-Earning Math Teacher Makes Us Want to Go Back to School
- Bethenny Frankel, 44, Displays Toned Body in an Orange Bikini: See Her Vacation Pictures