Terrence Howard's Wife Michelle Ghent Files for Divorce
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2011 03:45AM
According to RadarOnline.com, Ghent is citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split and is seeking spousal support. She also states that the couple got married on Jan. 20, 2010, and separated on Jan. 27, 2011.
Ghent is requesting that Howard pay her legal fees.
The 'Hustle and Flow' star quietly wed Ghent in a small ceremony, which remained a secret until Howard let his marital status slip in an interview with Anderson Cooper, in May 2010, at the Cannes Film Festival.
Terrence told Cooper, "To come here [to the Cannes Film Festival] and be with my wife, it's the best feeling in the world," he said, while promoting his movie 'Winnie,' a biopic of Nelson Mandela's wife.
A source had told Usmagazine.com, "Terrence is so in love with her, and she's a great, down-to-earth girl who really understands and loves him for him. He feels so lucky.
Ghent was Howard's second wife, and they have no kids together. The 41-year-old actor was previously married to Lori McComma for 13 years. They splint in 2005 and have three children together: Aubrey, Heaven and Hunter.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!