Terrence Howard's Wife Michelle Ghent Files for Divorce
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2011 03:45AM
According to RadarOnline.com, Ghent is citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split and is seeking spousal support. She also states that the couple got married on Jan. 20, 2010, and separated on Jan. 27, 2011.
Ghent is requesting that Howard pay her legal fees.
The 'Hustle and Flow' star quietly wed Ghent in a small ceremony, which remained a secret until Howard let his marital status slip in an interview with Anderson Cooper, in May 2010, at the Cannes Film Festival.
Terrence told Cooper, "To come here [to the Cannes Film Festival] and be with my wife, it's the best feeling in the world," he said, while promoting his movie 'Winnie,' a biopic of Nelson Mandela's wife.
A source had told Usmagazine.com, "Terrence is so in love with her, and she's a great, down-to-earth girl who really understands and loves him for him. He feels so lucky.
Ghent was Howard's second wife, and they have no kids together. The 41-year-old actor was previously married to Lori McComma for 13 years. They splint in 2005 and have three children together: Aubrey, Heaven and Hunter.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sarah Jessica Parker Remembers Oscar de la Renta: "It Was an Enormous Privilege" To Be Dressed By Him
- Kim Kardashian's Birthday: Read Khloe, Kris, and Kendall's Touching Instagram Posts to the Reality Star
- Kelly Clarkson Does Amazing Cover of Sam Smith's "Stay With Me": Watch Now!
- Liar Liar? Kesha Swore Under Oath That Dr. Luke Did Not Assault Her Despite Lawsuit Now Claiming He Did
- Shocking Audio! ?Drunk' Bristol Palin Sobs To Cops While Mom Sarah Slams ?The Bad Guys' In Police Recording Of Wasilla Brawl ? Listen To The Tape!
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Kanye West's Epic Proposal to Kim Kardashian Was One Year Ago Today—Let's Take a Look Back at Their Engagement!
- Kris Jenner Praises Kendall and Kylie Jenner's Work Ethic, Teases Daughters' Future in Fashion
- Nicki Minaj's Cleavage Is Out of Control! See Her Sexy, Boobylicious GQ Photo Shoot