Terrence Howard's Wife Michelle Ghent Files for Divorce
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2011 03:45AM
According to RadarOnline.com, Ghent is citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split and is seeking spousal support. She also states that the couple got married on Jan. 20, 2010, and separated on Jan. 27, 2011.
Ghent is requesting that Howard pay her legal fees.
The 'Hustle and Flow' star quietly wed Ghent in a small ceremony, which remained a secret until Howard let his marital status slip in an interview with Anderson Cooper, in May 2010, at the Cannes Film Festival.
Terrence told Cooper, "To come here [to the Cannes Film Festival] and be with my wife, it's the best feeling in the world," he said, while promoting his movie 'Winnie,' a biopic of Nelson Mandela's wife.
A source had told Usmagazine.com, "Terrence is so in love with her, and she's a great, down-to-earth girl who really understands and loves him for him. He feels so lucky.
Ghent was Howard's second wife, and they have no kids together. The 41-year-old actor was previously married to Lori McComma for 13 years. They splint in 2005 and have three children together: Aubrey, Heaven and Hunter.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Julia Roberts: I Can Still Recite My Lines From Pretty Woman, Notting Hill
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Zac Efron Reunites With Michelle Rodriguez on Luxury Yacht in Ibiza, Spain: Pictures
- Usher Attend The 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration Of Usher’s New Look
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Keith Urban 'horrified' by alleged rape, multiple arrests at Massachusetts concert
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- Former Game of Thrones Star Addresses Her Recasting in the Most Hilarious (and Slightly Sad) Way Ever
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now