The Situation Planning to Leave 'Jersey Shore'?
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Feb 4th 2011 09:13PM
According to E! Online, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is hoping to make the journey from Seaside Heights to Hollywood sooner rather than later.
"Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be in a movie," said the 'Jersey Shore' star. "There's only so long you can rule the reality world."
"Maybe another year or so of reality, and then I'm gonna graduate to movies," said the former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant. "It's like Michael Jordan. There's only so long you can keep winning them rings."
"You gotta move on and try something different," he continued. "I love to be on camera. I love performing. I love entertaining so movies is definitely the next step."
Hey, I certainly don't doubt the guy. He released a rap song about his famous washboard abs, wrote a book and made an estimated $5 million last year through his show salary, endorsement deals and public appearances. He's also survived three seasons of living with Snooki.
We're clearly buying whatever it is that he's selling, so who's to say he can't conquer the silver screen, too?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"
- Bryan Cranston Responds to Florida Mom's Petition Against Breaking Bad Dolls, Jokes He's Going to Burn His "Florida Mom Action Figure"
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!
- Kris Jenner Makes the Most of a Flattering Filter on Instagram—but What Happened to Gordon Ramsay's Face?!
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Ghostbusters 3 Rumors, Reveals Her Biggest Fear (And It's Not Being Naked)