The Situation Planning to Leave 'Jersey Shore'?
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Feb 4th 2011 09:13PM
According to E! Online, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is hoping to make the journey from Seaside Heights to Hollywood sooner rather than later.
"Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be in a movie," said the 'Jersey Shore' star. "There's only so long you can rule the reality world."
"Maybe another year or so of reality, and then I'm gonna graduate to movies," said the former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant. "It's like Michael Jordan. There's only so long you can keep winning them rings."
"You gotta move on and try something different," he continued. "I love to be on camera. I love performing. I love entertaining so movies is definitely the next step."
Hey, I certainly don't doubt the guy. He released a rap song about his famous washboard abs, wrote a book and made an estimated $5 million last year through his show salary, endorsement deals and public appearances. He's also survived three seasons of living with Snooki.
We're clearly buying whatever it is that he's selling, so who's to say he can't conquer the silver screen, too?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Deborah Cox Once Got Paid to Get Off the Stage: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Mean Girls Now Has a Candy Collection Inspired By Its Best Lines, Predictably Is So Fetch
- Surprise! Ne-Yo Is Engaged to His Girlfriend Crystal Renay — and They're Expecting a Child!
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying some rape victims 'have to take responsibility'