Party On: 'Wayne's World' Returns to 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Feb 6th 2011 10:51AM
The topic up for discussion/ridicule: the 2011 Oscar nominees. And the boys seemed to pick up right where they left off. (A nerd says what?)
The original sketches began recurring on 'SNL' in the late '80s when Myers and Carvey were in the cast, before the duo made two 'Wayne's World' movies in the early '90s. Now, as if very little time had passed, Wayne and Garth look oddly the same as always -- that is, like two middle-aged guys in mullet wigs playing juvenile slackers by using, for the most part, that old magic trick: acting.
It wasn't their first 21st-century reunion; Wayne and Garth popped up on 2008's MTV Movie Awards. Still, the series has been loading up on cameos and surprise guests this season, and this opener was a nostalgic treat.
Check out vintage Wayne and Garth, in this classic 1990 'Wayne's World' clip (from season 15 of 'SNL'), featuring Steven Tyler and Aerosmith -- plus their roadie, Tom Hanks.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince George Steals the Spotlight From Grandfather Prince Charles in New Royal Video
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris: 9 Reasons She Should 100 Percent Date the Insanely Hot DJ
- Gilmore Girls Cast Signs on for Big Reunion Event in June: Details!
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Kris Jenner (and Her Cleavage) Enjoy Romantic Lunch With Corey Gamble After Split Speculation: Couple Is a ''Great Match''
- President Barack Obama Calls The Wire ''One of the Greatest Television Shows" in Interview With Creator David Simon
- Her Outfit Costs What?! Ashley Tisdale's $40,203 SoCal-Cool Street Style