Party On: 'Wayne's World' Returns to 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Feb 6th 2011 10:51AM
The topic up for discussion/ridicule: the 2011 Oscar nominees. And the boys seemed to pick up right where they left off. (A nerd says what?)
The original sketches began recurring on 'SNL' in the late '80s when Myers and Carvey were in the cast, before the duo made two 'Wayne's World' movies in the early '90s. Now, as if very little time had passed, Wayne and Garth look oddly the same as always -- that is, like two middle-aged guys in mullet wigs playing juvenile slackers by using, for the most part, that old magic trick: acting.
It wasn't their first 21st-century reunion; Wayne and Garth popped up on 2008's MTV Movie Awards. Still, the series has been loading up on cameos and surprise guests this season, and this opener was a nostalgic treat.
Check out vintage Wayne and Garth, in this classic 1990 'Wayne's World' clip (from season 15 of 'SNL'), featuring Steven Tyler and Aerosmith -- plus their roadie, Tom Hanks.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham Now Proud to Run, Says She Used to Do It Looking "Like a Wounded Baby Pterodactyl"
- Jason Segel Plays Hilarious Game of Word Sneak With Jimmy Fallon: Watch!
- Mia Farrow Puts Lion-Killing Dentist's Address on Twitter, Faces Internet Backlash
- Kim Kardashian stars in bizarre new energy drink short film
- Amnesty International's legalized prostitution push turning off celeb supporters
- Ashley Monroe proves her point on 'The Blade'
- Britney Spears Does the Splits in Her Bikini While Hangin' in Hawaii—Take a Look!
- Cecil the Lion Mourned During Nat Geo Wild Event: "It's Our Responsibility to Do Everything We Can"
- Salma Hayek Blasts Donald Trump For Immigration Comments: I Won't Even Say His Name