Party On: 'Wayne's World' Returns to 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Feb 6th 2011 10:51AM
The topic up for discussion/ridicule: the 2011 Oscar nominees. And the boys seemed to pick up right where they left off. (A nerd says what?)
The original sketches began recurring on 'SNL' in the late '80s when Myers and Carvey were in the cast, before the duo made two 'Wayne's World' movies in the early '90s. Now, as if very little time had passed, Wayne and Garth look oddly the same as always -- that is, like two middle-aged guys in mullet wigs playing juvenile slackers by using, for the most part, that old magic trick: acting.
It wasn't their first 21st-century reunion; Wayne and Garth popped up on 2008's MTV Movie Awards. Still, the series has been loading up on cameos and surprise guests this season, and this opener was a nostalgic treat.
Check out vintage Wayne and Garth, in this classic 1990 'Wayne's World' clip (from season 15 of 'SNL'), featuring Steven Tyler and Aerosmith -- plus their roadie, Tom Hanks.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nick Jonas: Olivia Culpo Thought I Was Going to Propose During Miss Universe, "Her Face Was in Full Panic"
- Laverne Cox's Vintage-Inspired SAG Awards Dress: Go Behind the Scenes of Her Red Carpet Prep!
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 10 Cast Revealed: All Women Returning, Plus Two More!
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
- The Daily Show's Jessica Williams Says We're All Just Living in ''Beyoncé's Farts''
- Kidz Bop Might be Bringing Anal Back—Listen to the Accidentally R-Rated Tune
- Chris McMillan Dishes on Kim Kardashian's Hair Routine, Bridal Look: "A Wedding Is Not The Time To Do Anything Trendy"