Party On: 'Wayne's World' Returns to 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Feb 6th 2011 10:51AM
The topic up for discussion/ridicule: the 2011 Oscar nominees. And the boys seemed to pick up right where they left off. (A nerd says what?)
The original sketches began recurring on 'SNL' in the late '80s when Myers and Carvey were in the cast, before the duo made two 'Wayne's World' movies in the early '90s. Now, as if very little time had passed, Wayne and Garth look oddly the same as always -- that is, like two middle-aged guys in mullet wigs playing juvenile slackers by using, for the most part, that old magic trick: acting.
It wasn't their first 21st-century reunion; Wayne and Garth popped up on 2008's MTV Movie Awards. Still, the series has been loading up on cameos and surprise guests this season, and this opener was a nostalgic treat.
Check out vintage Wayne and Garth, in this classic 1990 'Wayne's World' clip (from season 15 of 'SNL'), featuring Steven Tyler and Aerosmith -- plus their roadie, Tom Hanks.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Kim Kardashian Wears Pink Jumpsuit: Top Weekend Stories
- Angelina Jolie Talks Maleficent in New Featurette: "We've Respected the Classic"
- Ashton Kutcher, Pregnant Mila Kunis Visit New Orleans Brewery: Picture
- Secret Behind The ?RHOA’ Reunion Fight Finally Revealed! Kenya Moore Accused Porsha Williams Of Cheating On Her Husband Kordell Stewart
- Lindsay Lohan: I had a miscarriage
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Who killed the king?
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- Lindsay Lohan Explains "Humiliating" Sex List Leak: "It's Really Unfortunate and Disrespectful"
- Eco-Friendly Fashion Finds for Earth Day: Stylish Must-Haves Made From Sustainable Fabrics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part 1 Ends in a Shocking Brawl Between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore