Brett Favre Is Kurt Warner's Pick to Join 'Dancing': 'Controversy Is Good for Ratings'
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 7th 2011 11:24AM
EXCLUSIVE: Just when you hoped you'd seen enough of Brett Favre (wink), 'Dancing With the Stars' alum and Super Bowl champ Kurt Warner tells me he thinks Brett should sign up and shake his booty on the hit show.
"Let me think on what old retired NFL guy should join the show," Kurt pondered when I asked him at the GQ-Lacoste-Cadillac Super Bowl party who he thinks should join the cast. After a moment, he said, "Brett Favre. That's a good idea. Plus controversy is good for ratings."
Kurt has made his thoughts on Brett known before, and recently told The New York Times that although he's a "surefire Hall of Famer" and one of the game's greatest, "I do think some of the things that happened off the field has to hurt his legacy to some degree. I do think people look at him differently now -- at least in the short term -- than they did five years ago."
Maybe Brett should follow Kurt's advice and dance those cell phone images right out of our minds. That's if ABC would ever invite him, a prospect that my source says is unlikely.
"No way would 'Dancing' want any part of Brett," a show insider tells me. "They love having colorful people in the cast but you have to remember this is a family show and not the right fit for someone who has been accused of e-mailing private photos of himself to young ladies."
Who do you think should be Kurt's second choice of 'DWTS'? My initial pick would be Terrell Owens, who helped deejay the GQ party, which celebrated the coolest athletes out there. But boohoo, Terrell seemed to have other goals in mind confessing to me, "I would rather be on the cover of GQ than have a Super Bowl ring." WOW!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Crush Talks Selena Gomez's Diss, Kissing the Superstar
- Paul Walker's Cause of Death Released, Late Actor Secretly Bought Couple's $10,000 Engagement Ring: Wednesday's Top Stories
- Paul Walker Tribute: Fast and the Furious Films Show the Actor's Best Moments
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- Kim Kardashian Spotted Strolling (Literally) With Baby North West in New York City—Take a Look!
- Kellie Pickler Asks Bethenny Frankel What the Mile High Club Is, Talks About How She and Hubby Keep Things "Spicy"
- Paul Walker's Dad Reveals Eerie Last Conversation With His Son: I Told Him "Promise Me, No More Daredevil Stuff"