Gisele Bundchen Responds to Sunscreen Controversy
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Feb 8th 2011 12:15AM
But now, Bundchen's camp claims the incident was based on a false translation of what the supermodel actually said.
Bundchen's publicist contacted StyleList to clarify the comments, saying that Bundchen wouldn't advise anyone to skip out on his or her UV protection.
"Gisele would never say not to use sunscreen because she has had family members who have had skin cancer. She simply stated that her all-natural skin-care line does not have SPF because there is not an all natural SPF available," publicist Amber Clapp told StyleList.
"When using sunscreens, she selects ones that are free of parabens, oxybenzone, PABA and retinyl palmitate," added Clapp.
That likely leaves sunscreens with physical-barrier active ingredients like zinc and titanium dioxide, which are also safer ingredients for those with sensitive skin.
We're glad to hear the Brazilian-born beauty takes the safety of her skin seriously, as she has no doubt logged more hours in the sun on magazine and catalog covers than we have on the beach our entire lifetime. Get more from StyleList.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
- Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Schumer Dance on Billy Joel's Piano: Video
- Celine Dion Makes Emotional Return to Las Vegas Stage Amid Husband Rene Angelil's Cancer Fight
- Emily Ratajkowski Empties Out and Dishes to Us About What's In Her Bag
- 'Married to Medicine' star Jill Connors arrested for cruelty to children
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- Will TLC's sex abuse documentary help network recover from scandals?
- Miley Cyrus Is Dating Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell (Just Not Exclusively): "I'm Not in a Relationship"
- Police Shut Down Jerry Seinfeld's Kids' Charity Lemonade Stand After Neighbor Complains—Was It Newman?!
- Michelle Pfeiffer Joins HBO Movie About Bernie Madoff and We Want to Make Her a Permanent TV Fixture