Katy Perry Talks Babies and Beyonce in Elle
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Feb 8th 2011 01:00PM
Katy Perry wants to have new hubby Russell Brand's babies. The singer tells Elle that she isn't afraid to admit that she wants to be a mom, even if it throws her career off course.
"I think some people will die on the stage, and I'm not so sure I want to do that. Like, I want to have kids," Perry says in the March issue of the magazine. "I'm totally fine with saying that. I think some people are scared because they're worried it's going to ruin their career, but I want to live a full life."
Settling down and having kids was always part of Perry's plan, even back in the days when she wasn't sure she would be a tremendous success and set a deadline for "making it."
"I had two cars repossessed, and I was writing bad checks, but I gave myself a timeline. I thought, 'Okay, if I don't make it by 25, I'm just going to get married and pop out some babies and do some crafts,'" Perry, now 26, admits.
Even though she says she wants to slow down and have kids at some point, Perry recently started to realize that her career might have some staying power.
"I feel like I'm at a point in my life right now where I could potentially stick around. I don't feel like a diva, but I think diva is a great and powerful word in the sense of what Beyonce makes it," Perry says. "And maybe I can't be Beyonce, but maybe I can be Cyndi Lauper. I mean be like her, not be her. That would just be weird."
To read more about Perry's life with Brand and how she is getting in shape for her upcoming tour, head over to Elle.com.
See more at StyleList.
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Family Guy's' Brian coming back in upcoming episode?
- Christian music duo spreads God's message in debut album
- Alec Baldwin returning to TV as a host on Jan. 6 for TCM special
- 'Sound of Music Live'! Carrie Underwood Can Sing, But Can She Act?
- Paris Hilton Denies Offensive Nelson Mandela Tweet: 'Stop Lying About Me'
- Nelson Mandela Death: Prince William, Oprah and Others Pay Tribute
- Joe Jonas Feels "Relieved" After New York Magazine Tell-All, Demi Lovato's Not Mad
- Jennifer Aniston "Very Into the Holiday Spirit" While Shopping for Christmas Trees With Justin Theroux
- Paris Hilton Slams "Stupid Fake" Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Confusion Tweet