Kevin Smith Lost 65 Pounds After Being Kicked Off Airplane for Being Too Fat
Forget hitting the gym to shed those extra pounds. Just get kicked off a plane for being "too fat," and you'll be so traumatized you'll have to lose the weight!
At least that was the case for Kevin Smith. The director and 'Jay and Silent Bob' star told Joy Behar about his 65-pound weight loss in a high-energy interview that led her to ask, "Are you on amphetamines?"
Last February, Smith was furious when Southwest airlines threw him off a flight from Oakland to Burbank because they deemed him too fat to fly. He took to his Twitter page to express his rage towards the airline. In one tweet he wrote: "The @SouthwestAir Diet. How it works: you're publicly shamed into a slimmer figure. Crying the weight right off has never been easier!"
Smith told Behar he "spent most of my life yo-yoing in terms of weight" and likes to wear loose-fitting hockey jerseys no matter what his weight is. "I call up Omar the tent maker," he joked. "Get me a hockey jersey, and he takes all the rayon, all this material ... and makes my jersey. It's a whole team I'm wearing! I'm wearing twelve kids on my chest."
He got serious, though, admitting to having mixed feelings about losing the weight. "I sympathize far more with heavier people than I ever will with thin -- I'll never be thin," he told the host. "Let's be honest, I've lost 65 pounds, but nobody's going 'I wanna sleep with you!' They're just like, 'Keep going, you look better.'"
He's still furious about being thrown off the flight last year, and "felt at that moment 'I'll lose the weight, but I'm not putting on thinner clothes.' I'm still the same person I was when I was 65 pounds heavier." He added that "sometimes a fat dude has a lot to offer, if [you] can just get past the blubber." Watch Kevin Smith's interview with Joy Behar after the jump.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Check Out Padma Lakshmi's Bikini Bottoms: Her Friend Thinks It Looks Like She Has a Penis!
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
- Parenthood Finale: Why the Show Ended That Way, and Scoop on the 7 Biggest Surprises