Lindsay Lohan's Mom Isn't Worried: 'God Has a Plan'
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 10th 2011 10:31AM
EXCLUSIVE: Linday Lohan got another huge break yesterday when a judge admonished the star's almost chronic use of bad judgment, then decided against sending her to jail for breaking probation, telling her that if she skirts the law again, "Things will be different." But Lohan's mom tells me there's a higher power at work here, and that her daughter is thankful for another chance.
"All good. God has a big plan," Dina Lohan tells me, and although I'm sure God has slightly more important matters to deal with, it's nice to know Lindsay thinks He's on her side.
LA Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz revoked Lindsay's probation for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a jewelry store on Jan. 22, to which the 'Mean Girl' star's lawyer entered a plea of not guilty.
Lohan's father, Michael, told me last week that he firmly believes the episode at Kamofie & Co. on Jan. 22 was one big "ridiculous" misunderstanding.
Misunderstanding or not, Judge Scwartz was not amused at the arraignment on Wednesday and gave Lohan a verbal a**-whupping.
"You're in a different situation now that a felony has been filed against you ... If you violate the law, I will remand you and set no bail," the blunt Schwartz told Lindsay. "You're no different than anyone else, so please don't push your luck, because I'm telling you, things will be different."
Let's hope Lindsay is listening; even if God's on your side you have to obey the laws.
►For a full rundown on Lindsay Lohan's tumultuous life, visit our Hot Topics page.
Lindsay In Familiar Settings
Lindsay Lohan was officially charged Wednesday with felony grand theft of a $2,500 necklace from a Venice Beach jewelry store. The 'Mean Girls' star arrived in court for her arraignment in a skin-tight white dress and black sunglasses.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby admitted to drugging women to have sex, rape accusers say they are vindicated
- Back on? Katy Perry and John Mayer spotted together
- Shark Week heads to unexplored Cuban waters with new special
- U.K. Box Office: 'Minions' Sees Off 'Terminator' Threat
- Brian Grazer Regrets Making 'Cowboys and Aliens': "I Don't Like Cowboys or Aliens"
- Bill Carter to Launch SiriusXM Interview Show
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Dies at 43
- U.S. Women's World Cup Final Win Scores Soccer Ratings Record
- Rumor Alert: Rachel McAdams May Play 'Doctor Strange' Female Lead