Lindsay Lohan's Mom Isn't Worried: 'God Has a Plan'
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 10th 2011 10:31AM
EXCLUSIVE: Linday Lohan got another huge break yesterday when a judge admonished the star's almost chronic use of bad judgment, then decided against sending her to jail for breaking probation, telling her that if she skirts the law again, "Things will be different." But Lohan's mom tells me there's a higher power at work here, and that her daughter is thankful for another chance.
"All good. God has a big plan," Dina Lohan tells me, and although I'm sure God has slightly more important matters to deal with, it's nice to know Lindsay thinks He's on her side.
LA Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz revoked Lindsay's probation for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a jewelry store on Jan. 22, to which the 'Mean Girl' star's lawyer entered a plea of not guilty.
Lohan's father, Michael, told me last week that he firmly believes the episode at Kamofie & Co. on Jan. 22 was one big "ridiculous" misunderstanding.
Misunderstanding or not, Judge Scwartz was not amused at the arraignment on Wednesday and gave Lohan a verbal a**-whupping.
"You're in a different situation now that a felony has been filed against you ... If you violate the law, I will remand you and set no bail," the blunt Schwartz told Lindsay. "You're no different than anyone else, so please don't push your luck, because I'm telling you, things will be different."
Let's hope Lindsay is listening; even if God's on your side you have to obey the laws.
►For a full rundown on Lindsay Lohan's tumultuous life, visit our Hot Topics page.
Lindsay In Familiar Settings
Lindsay Lohan was officially charged Wednesday with felony grand theft of a $2,500 necklace from a Venice Beach jewelry store. The 'Mean Girls' star arrived in court for her arraignment in a skin-tight white dress and black sunglasses.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- Raycom Media Stations Go Dark on DirecTV
- FBI and Apple Investigating Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Begins Production, Steven Soderbergh Steps Behind the Camera
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?