Photos: Celebrities Strut Down Runway in 2011 Heart Truth Red Dress Fashion Show
By Amber James Posted Feb 10th 2011 10:00AM
The New York Fashion Week runway was red hot on Wednesday evening as fearless female celebrities strutted their stuff at the 2011 Heart Truth Red Dress Collection Fashion Show. More than 20 celebrity participants including Denise Richards, Camila Alves, Suzanne Somers and Dita Von Teese showcased the power of the Red Dress to encourage women to take action to protect their heart health.
The backstage was buzzing with excitement prior to the show, as the women scurried into their places and made last-minute adjustments before the show. "It is such an honor to be part of this wonderful event. I'm thrilled to be involved and very excited to be walking in Oscar de la Renta," '30 Rock' star Katrina Bowden gushed to PopEater.
Meanwhile, singer Eve was thrilled to dress up for a great cause. "I'm very happy to be involved because heart disease is the number one killer of women in our country. And if all I have to do is wear a pretty dress to help raise awareness then why not," she tells PopEater. "I just hope I don't fall."
Heart Truth Red Dress Highlights:
► Julianne Hough kicked off the evening in a show-stopping Swarovski necklace and dress.
► 'Hills' star Audrina Patridge showed off her leggy figure with a thigh-high slit dress -- and thankfully didn't fall even though she kept tripping over the lengthy gown.
► Sitting in the front row, Matthew McConaughey supported partner Camila Alves as she rocked the runway in a sexy, asymmetrical gown by KaufmanFranco.
► A very pregnant Laila Ali hit the runway (and looked fabulous!) in a red Pea in the Pod dress.
► Natasha Bedingfield closed the fashion show with an acoustic version of her hit single, 'Strip Me.'
Celebrity participants in this year's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show also included Giuliana Rancic, Ann Curry, Alison Sweeney, Cat Deeley, Gayle King and Patti LaBelle.
Loving the fashion on the runway? Well, for the third year in a row, a selection of dresses worn by celebrities in the Red Dress Collection fashion show will be available for the public to bid on at http://www.clothesoffourback.org/ through a partnership with the Clothes Off Our Back Foundation. Proceeds will benefit the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health and will be used to further efforts related to women's heart health awareness and research.
The Heart Truth created The Red Dress as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness in 2002 to deliver a wake-up call to American women.
Heart Truth Red Dress 2011
LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 01: Dancer Chelsea Hightower, singer Natasha Bedingfield and model Heidi Klum attend the Celebrity Capture The Flag Game Benefiting 'The Heart Truth' Campaign at UCLA Campus on February 1, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Angela Weiss/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
Heart Truth Red Dress Fashion Show
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan Dodges Sobriety Questions, Gives Pole Dancing Lesson
- Cute or Ew? 'Orange Is the New Black' Sneak Peek Reveals Piper's New Pastime in Solitary
- Clare Crawley Has a Message for ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Takes a Pilates Class, New Mom Olivia Wilde Tweets About Baby Peeing In Face: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Jodie Foster Flashes Wedding Ring After Secretly Tying the Knot With Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison: Picture
- Tori Spelling Reflects On Cheating on Ex-Husband In New True Tori Clip