Camila Alves 'Didn't Know' About Son Levi's Fans
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Feb 11th 2011 02:02PM
Alves joined forces with her mother to create Muxo, a line of handbags inspired by the natural beauty she's encountered while traveling the world. The former 'Shear Genius' host will debut Muxo by Camila Alves during QVC's presentation of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Friday, Feb. 11, at 10PM ET.
Fans of Alves shouldn't be surprised that Muxo is a family collaboration. The doting mother of two has made no secret about her devotion to her children and partner, Matthew McConaughey.
"Family for me comes first, more than anything because if that's not good, then everything else is not gonna be good," said Alves.
PopEater sat down with Camila Alves to talk about Muxo, her super stylish son, Levi, and what it's like to be trailed by the paparazzi. Read the full interview after the jump.
You're a busy mom of two young children, a television host, a red carpet staple and a handbag designer. How do you do it all?
Sometimes I gotta start my day at 4 in the morning in order to get things done. I'm not the most organized person out there, but I am becoming very organized, learning to be organized and learning to try to get the most amount of things done in a short amount of time. Just balance, I love that word, I love to lead my life that way.
Health and happiness and family, those things are priceless -- that's first, that's gotta be good and happy and healthy, and everything else follows after that.
What does the name of your line, Muxo, mean?
It means Goddess of the water in an African language. Reason why I chose that is because I think that women are kind of like the water, that beauty that you can't explain, that mystery. You don't know what is really under there. Women [have] that beauty and mystery, and I wanted to relate that in the name of the handbag.
Are we going to see you return to television soon?
You're gonna see me on QVC soon!
The world has fallen in love with your son, Levi! He's so fashionable for a 2-year-old.
I've got all these people that are fans of my son's style. And I'm like "What?!" I didn't know this because we don't follow that stuff. He gets more fashion spreads than me and Matthew together.
Look, we don't try to do that. Me and my mom, we're designers, that's part of what we do for a living. I was modeling for a lot of years. I've been around fashion forever. My mom is in that world. I guess it just comes out. We don't try to! A lot of things we do, [like] his suspenders, I know people love his suspenders; we made those.
The paparazzi seems to follow your every move. Do you feel pressure to maintain a certain image or be super fashionable?
Some people live by that. I actually have appreciation for people who do it. I'm like, "How can you live like that?" I have a hard time doing it. But people do it, and it's awesome, I'm impressed. I have a hard time doing it just because we really try to keep our life as simple as we can. We don't have a thousand people working for us, doing everything we need to do. We're very hands on with everything.
I had two babies in two years. I had the TV show. [Muxo] is doing great. We had so many things that happened. We've been traveling for six months; I haven't been home for six months. We've been so, so busy, but I feel that I'm just now coming out of a cloud of so many things going on. Now I can think straight, my hormones are down to a normal level since having the second baby! Hopefully you see me a little more established walking around.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Pam Anderson criticizes ALS ice bucket challenge
- Is Cameron Diaz ready to marry rocker Benji Madden?
- Boa Constrictor bites Nicki Minaj's backup dancer
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!