Heidi Montag Spent $2 Million on Failed Music Career
The aspiring singer, 24, says she has hired Deb Antney, mother of rapper Waka Flocka Flame, as her new manager.
"I spent $2 million on my music career, and it didn't happen for me, and now I have this opportunity," Montag said.
Her new opportunity comes thanks to husband Spencer Pratt's reported new career as a rapper.
"Spencer is going into the studio with Waka Flocka Flame, and I requested that his mother Deb Antney meet with me and manage me, because she is just fabulous," she said. Antney currently works with top stars, including Nicki Minaj and Gucci Mane, through her Atlanta-based company, Mizay Entertainment.
Montag hopes she can use this second chance in the music industry to let people in on the "real Heidi" -- not the person they saw on reality TV.
"I've never been able to be the true Heidi, and now that I am not working on 'The Hills,' I can really focus on this."
She's also looking to teaming up with others in the business.
"While Spencer is working with Waka Flocka, I'm going to do some tracks with [jazz singer] Eric Nolan Grant," she said. They are reportedly working together in the studio later this month.
Montag claims she has what it takes to make it and she's looking to make a mark in the music industry.
"I want to make my own niche in the music world, that's just Heidi," she said. "It could be a Pink meets Britney Spears."
No word on when we'll get to hear some of Montag's new songs.
MORE ABOUT Heidi Montag
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Heidi Montag Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'
- Listen: Kate Hudson shares her favorite ?Overboard' lines and so much more
- ?RHONY' Star Aviva Drescher Explains Why She Threw Her Prosthetic Leg
- Hot Trailer! One Direction Is Headed to a Theater Near You!
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan's Kissing Partner Revealed
- Husband's Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex Goes Viral; Cameron Diaz Cuts Radio Interview Short After Host Disses Drew Barrymore: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Katherine Webb Shares Bikini Honeymoon Shot, Peek at Wedding to AJ McCarron
- Michael Rapaport Calls Spike Lee a "S--- Stain" During Gentrification Feud