Finally! Hear Lady Gaga's New Song 'Born This Way'
By John Mitchell Posted Feb 11th 2011 06:03AM
After months of hype and teasing, Lady Gaga debuted her new single, 'Born This Way,' this morning. The track, written by Gaga and produced by DJ White Shadow, Gaga and Fernando Garibay, makes good use of the diva's big voice and penchant for drama, combining powerhouse vocals with in-your-face lyrics about race and sexuality. It also sounds an awful lot like Madonna's 'Express Yourself,' which is causing a commotion on Twitter.
I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f**king minutes," Gaga told Vogue. "And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception."
The pop star will perform the song on Sunday at the Grammy Awards, where she is nominated for six prizes, including Album of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Gaga has been hyping the track for months. She sent her fans into a frenzy in September at the MTV Video Music Awards by launching into an a cappella take on the song's chorus. In late January, she leaked the lyrics to 'Born This Way' on Twitter, and soon thereafter announced that she was moving up the single's release date from Feb. 13 to Feb. 11, tweeting, "Can't wait any longer."
"I think 'Born This Way' is the kind of record that if you are really paying attention you will get the full depth of Gaga as a songwriter," Akon, a frequent Gaga collaborator who signed the pop star to his Kon Live Distribution label in 2007, recently told PopEater. "Sometimes, the creative image hides the element of her lyrical content. That's why she wanted to give people a better idea of what she was saying outside of her image when she dropped those lyrics."
Gaga's new album, also titled 'Born This Way,' drops on May 23.
So, are you loving 'Born this Way' as much as we are? Let us know in the comments.
MORE ABOUT Lady Gaga
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lady Gaga Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories