Finally! Hear Lady Gaga's New Song 'Born This Way'
By John Mitchell Posted Feb 11th 2011 06:03AM
After months of hype and teasing, Lady Gaga debuted her new single, 'Born This Way,' this morning. The track, written by Gaga and produced by DJ White Shadow, Gaga and Fernando Garibay, makes good use of the diva's big voice and penchant for drama, combining powerhouse vocals with in-your-face lyrics about race and sexuality. It also sounds an awful lot like Madonna's 'Express Yourself,' which is causing a commotion on Twitter.
I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f**king minutes," Gaga told Vogue. "And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception."
The pop star will perform the song on Sunday at the Grammy Awards, where she is nominated for six prizes, including Album of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Gaga has been hyping the track for months. She sent her fans into a frenzy in September at the MTV Video Music Awards by launching into an a cappella take on the song's chorus. In late January, she leaked the lyrics to 'Born This Way' on Twitter, and soon thereafter announced that she was moving up the single's release date from Feb. 13 to Feb. 11, tweeting, "Can't wait any longer."
"I think 'Born This Way' is the kind of record that if you are really paying attention you will get the full depth of Gaga as a songwriter," Akon, a frequent Gaga collaborator who signed the pop star to his Kon Live Distribution label in 2007, recently told PopEater. "Sometimes, the creative image hides the element of her lyrical content. That's why she wanted to give people a better idea of what she was saying outside of her image when she dropped those lyrics."
Gaga's new album, also titled 'Born This Way,' drops on May 23.
So, are you loving 'Born this Way' as much as we are? Let us know in the comments.
MORE ABOUT Lady Gaga
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lady Gaga Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Is Sandra Bullock Leaving L.A. After Stalker Terror?
- Paris Hilton Opens Up About Jeremy Jackson Altercation
- 'Fifty Shades' of Backlash! Fans React to First Trailer
- Scott Disick "Won't Drink Again" Until After Kourtney Kardashian Gives Birth to Third Child
- Porcelain Dolls Left on Doorsteps of Girls' Homes: Creepy Mystery Solved by Police
- Audra McDonald, Tony Awards Winner and Private Practice Actress, Opens Up About Past Suicide Attempt During College