Lindsay Lohan Tweets Her Support for Egypt, Prays for Peace
Friday afternoon Lilo took to her Twitter page to express some well-wishes for everyone in Egypt. "Congratulations to the people of Egypt," she wrote. "Your voices were heard and you proved that peaceful demonstrations are possible and effective..."
The 'Mean Girls' star added, "And I pray Egypt maintains it's treaty with Israel and sets the trend for its neighbors to create peace with Israel and the entire region."
Many in the Twitterverse were quick to jump on the starlet, who was charged with felony grand theft Wednesday in court. "Are we sure that Lindsay Lohan knows where Egypt is?" @itookawalk wrote. @Brankalicious added that "Lindsay Lohan (or her PR people) just posted an insightful tweet re: Egypt. I'm stunned. Bartender!!"
Countless others speculated that Lindsay's PR team was tweeting for her, and the actress was mocked her ability to grasp anything involving the state of foreign affairs.
But I give the girl credit for acknowledging that bigger things are going on in the world than her courtroom drama! She's not pretending to be an expert or making any grand, polarizing statements. Who are we to criticize someone for expressing concern and positive thoughts for a troubled nation?
Like Egypt, Lindsay is free... for now. She better keep up that positive energy. She'll surely need it at her next court appearance Feb. 23.
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tom Selleck's model daughter gets down and dirty for... clothing deodorant?
- Khloe Kardashian filing for divorce from Lamar Odom, reports say
- 'American Hustle' review: Actors take 70s stereotypes and run with them in entertaining sting flick
- What Happens When You Mix Rock and Sith? Karaoke Greatness (Video)
- Julia Roberts Talks Having More Kids, Tackling Meryl Streep (Video)
- Could The Grid End DC's 'Forever Evil'? (Exclusive Preview)
- ?Spider-Man' spins off: 20 thoughts on ?Venom,' ?The Sinister Six,' and Sony's franchise gambit
- Relive 2013 through the year's top Instagram moments and trends
- Late Night Highlight: David Letterman makes Julia Roberts cry (in a good way) ? VIDEO
- Ridley Scott Is Plotting a 'Murder on the Orient Express' Remake
- Hollywood Is Planning a 'Naked Gun' Reboot, Starring Ed Helms
- Sony Plots Ambitious Spider-Man-Based Universe