Lindsay Lohan Tweets Her Support for Egypt, Prays for Peace
Friday afternoon Lilo took to her Twitter page to express some well-wishes for everyone in Egypt. "Congratulations to the people of Egypt," she wrote. "Your voices were heard and you proved that peaceful demonstrations are possible and effective..."
The 'Mean Girls' star added, "And I pray Egypt maintains it's treaty with Israel and sets the trend for its neighbors to create peace with Israel and the entire region."
Many in the Twitterverse were quick to jump on the starlet, who was charged with felony grand theft Wednesday in court. "Are we sure that Lindsay Lohan knows where Egypt is?" @itookawalk wrote. @Brankalicious added that "Lindsay Lohan (or her PR people) just posted an insightful tweet re: Egypt. I'm stunned. Bartender!!"
Countless others speculated that Lindsay's PR team was tweeting for her, and the actress was mocked her ability to grasp anything involving the state of foreign affairs.
But I give the girl credit for acknowledging that bigger things are going on in the world than her courtroom drama! She's not pretending to be an expert or making any grand, polarizing statements. Who are we to criticize someone for expressing concern and positive thoughts for a troubled nation?
Like Egypt, Lindsay is free... for now. She better keep up that positive energy. She'll surely need it at her next court appearance Feb. 23.
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Amanda Bynes: I Was 'Sexually Harassed' During Arrest
- Cannes: Director's Hollywood Reporter Interview Creates 'Prostitution' Backlash in France
- Cannes: Philippe Rousselot Awarded Festival's First Cinematography Honor
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report