Lindsay Lohan Tweets Her Support for Egypt, Prays for Peace
Friday afternoon Lilo took to her Twitter page to express some well-wishes for everyone in Egypt. "Congratulations to the people of Egypt," she wrote. "Your voices were heard and you proved that peaceful demonstrations are possible and effective..."
The 'Mean Girls' star added, "And I pray Egypt maintains it's treaty with Israel and sets the trend for its neighbors to create peace with Israel and the entire region."
Many in the Twitterverse were quick to jump on the starlet, who was charged with felony grand theft Wednesday in court. "Are we sure that Lindsay Lohan knows where Egypt is?" @itookawalk wrote. @Brankalicious added that "Lindsay Lohan (or her PR people) just posted an insightful tweet re: Egypt. I'm stunned. Bartender!!"
Countless others speculated that Lindsay's PR team was tweeting for her, and the actress was mocked her ability to grasp anything involving the state of foreign affairs.
But I give the girl credit for acknowledging that bigger things are going on in the world than her courtroom drama! She's not pretending to be an expert or making any grand, polarizing statements. Who are we to criticize someone for expressing concern and positive thoughts for a troubled nation?
Like Egypt, Lindsay is free... for now. She better keep up that positive energy. She'll surely need it at her next court appearance Feb. 23.
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Norway Funeral Home refuses to bury Casey Kasem
- Amanda Bynes arrested on DUI charge
- Walmart claims Tracy Morgan, fellow passengers weren't wearing seatbelts in crash
- 'Vampire Diaries' Boss Tackles 10 Season 6 Mysteries
- Watch Ben Affleck Butcher "Let It Go" on 'Tonight Show'
- John Malkovich to Receive Zurich Film Festival Lifetime Honor
- Best of Late Night TV: Ben Affleck's 'Frozen'-Obsessed Kids, NPH's Wedding, Aretha Franklin Covers Adele (VIDEO)
- The First 'Inherent Vice' Trailer Is Finally Upon Us (VIDEO)
- What to Watch This Week: 'Chef,' 'The Vampire Diaries,' 'In A World...'