Adam Lambert on His New Album, and Hopes for Movie Stardom Opposite Natalie Portman
"I can't reveal much, but I'm crossing my fingers for a fall release date," Lambert revealed to PopEater backstage at the Grammy Social Media Rock Stars Summit.
Lambert plans to work with Swedish producer-songwriter Max Martin, who wrote Lambert's hit single 'Whataya Want From Me.' "It's definitely going to happen. He's one of my favorite producers ever," he gushed.
With a focus on the vocals and "honest, genuine and personal" lyrics, Lambert is eager to get back in the studio and evolve beyond his 'Idol' roots. "I want this to be my album, and dive into it with what I've learned this year, and where I'm at personally with love and relationships," he said. "Great music is personal and real. That's what this album will be."
Although making new music is high on his to-do list, he's also ready for his movie close-up. "I want to give acting a shot," he revealed, adding that he'd sign on for a movie "in a heartbeat" if Natalie Portman co-starred. "I love her! She's amazing, and better win that Oscar."
He continued, "There is a lot of territory that has yet to be charted, so I'm taking it one day at a time. Who knows? Maybe you'll be seeing my fashion designs hit the runway soon, too."
At the heart of it all, Lambert credits his success to his devoted following.
"If it weren't for my loyal and dedicated fans, my career wouldn't be what it is," he said. "I have fans all over the world, some who don't even speak English, and they're still singing all my lyrics during my shows. It's surreal, and such a beautiful thing."
Looking back, the former 'Idol' runner-up (season 8) has no regrets about his time on the hit series, adding that he wouldn't want Steven Tyler judging him, even though they share a similar pop-rock edge. "I wouldn't change my experience," he insisted. "I had a good time and loved it....Paula Abdul was a childhood favorite of mine, and yes, Simon is brutal, but it was really good for all of us."
MORE ABOUT Adam Lambert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Adam Lambert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- That's not me naked!
- Danica Patrick reveals ?secret' country music album at 2013 American Country Awards
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line win big at American Country Awards
- This week's ?SNL' promos: Welcome home, John Goodman ? VIDEO
- TV Recap: ?The Biggest Loser,' ?The Goldbergs,' and ?The Voice' ? VIDEO
- ?Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas': You choose the best version, in our Twelve Days of Christmas Classics ? POLL
- Hot Pic! Kim Kardashian Flaunts Weight Loss in Skimpy Bikini
- Paul Walker Memorial: Family Plans to Hold Funeral This Weekend
- Extra Scoop: Tila Tequila Believes Hitler Was Misunderstood