Fashion Week Model Falls on Christian Siriano Catwalk
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Feb 12th 2011 12:05PM
On Thursday, 'Project Runway' season 4 winner (and the hit series' youngest champ), 25-year-old Christian Siriano, staged an otherwise fabulous show for Fashion Week. But his New York City audience gasped as his models stumbled in platform stillettos.
And the shoes didn't just trip them up momentarily. One model had to finish the show halfway unshod, and one leggy young lady in a feathered frock tumbled off her feet altogether, in a classic example of what 'Sex and the City' fans would surely recognize as "fashion roadkill."
Meanwhile, the designer says the floor, not his shoes, caused the model to take a dive.
Siriano tweeted after the show, "Yes one of my girls fell on the walk back, she is okay, poor girl! The runway was fresh painted and sticky, kudos to those who made it! haha"
The shoes that Siriano sends down the runway at Fashion Week are usually interpreted as low-cost versions for his line at Payless Shoe Source. This year, we beg you, C.S.: Don't make mere mortals suffer this much for beauty. Even if a woman wears dresses as lovely as the ones in your new line, her look is a big Fashion Fail if too-high heels cause her to walk ungracefully -- or trip and fall.
So keep the cool metalwork, and the lovely colors, in your next line of shoes. But lose some height. Just a wee bit will do.
For more on Christian Siriano, take a look Karen Duffy's exclusive backstage video interview with the designer here on StyleList >>>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!