Kathy Griffin, Michael J. Fox Among TV Stars Up for Grammy Awards
By AOL TV Editors Posted Feb 13th 2011 01:49PM
Some niche categories won't make tonight's broadcast. But expect to see many of the following stars in attendance, if not winning hardware on stage.
TV stars dominate the Best Comedy Album category. Kathy Griffin will certainly arrive wielding her nomination for 'Kathy Griffin Does the Bible Belt.' And if only Grammys producers would let Flight on the Conchords perform in support of 'I Told You I Was Freaky' (man, we miss them on HBO!). Recent 'DWTS' hoofer Margaret Cho is also competing with her CD, 'Cho Dependent'. 'The Daily Show' regular Lewis Black and the original Mork himself, Robin Williams, round out the Best Comedy Album nominees.
Reserve a row at Staples Center for the cast of 'Glee', nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. (Unprecedented for a TV cast? Not really: The Monkees were nominated for four Grammys back in the '60s).
And 'Glee' guest Carol Burnett (who played Jane Lynch's Nazi-hunting mom this season) is a nominee for Best Spoken Word Album, for her audio book 'This Time Together.' In the same category: TV icon Michael J. Fox, hoping for his second Best Spoken Word win at the Grammys.
Of course, 'American Idol' winners (and near-winners) always fare well at the Grammys these days. Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson have received nominations (Hudson won in 2009, and will sing in an Aretha Franklin tribute tonight). And Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have both taken home plenty of Grammy gold.
As for 2011, Underwood looks to add to her five trophies, this time in the category of Best Female Country Performance. But Fantasia Barrino, up for two awards tonight, may still become the Susan Lucci of Grammy-nominated 'Idol' stars (so far, Barrino is 0 for 8).
And this year, 'American Idol' favorite Adam Lambert (runner-up in season 8) is up for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. But the man who won the season over Lambert, Kris Allen, was surprisingly shut out of the 2011 Grammys.
Read more from TVSquad here >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Kathy Griffin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kathy Griffin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Charmayne Maxwell Dead: Grammy-Nominated Brownstone Singer Dies at 46
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Phaedra Parks Takes a Swing at Kenya Moore During Fight Over Apollo
- Twins Reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger Receives Lifetime Achievement Honor From Danny DeVito in Germany
- Will Smith movie 'Focus' tops the box office
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Kim Kardashian Finally Admits Her Selfie Addiction Is "Ridiculous," Insists Her Family Is "Normal" and Relatable
- Is The Last Man On Earth the Most Interesting New Show on TV?
- Supermodels Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss Take Over Milan Fashion Week as True BFFs—Take a Look!