Kathy Griffin, Michael J. Fox Among TV Stars Up for Grammy Awards
By AOL TV Editors Posted Feb 13th 2011 01:49PM
Some niche categories won't make tonight's broadcast. But expect to see many of the following stars in attendance, if not winning hardware on stage.
TV stars dominate the Best Comedy Album category. Kathy Griffin will certainly arrive wielding her nomination for 'Kathy Griffin Does the Bible Belt.' And if only Grammys producers would let Flight on the Conchords perform in support of 'I Told You I Was Freaky' (man, we miss them on HBO!). Recent 'DWTS' hoofer Margaret Cho is also competing with her CD, 'Cho Dependent'. 'The Daily Show' regular Lewis Black and the original Mork himself, Robin Williams, round out the Best Comedy Album nominees.
Reserve a row at Staples Center for the cast of 'Glee', nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. (Unprecedented for a TV cast? Not really: The Monkees were nominated for four Grammys back in the '60s).
And 'Glee' guest Carol Burnett (who played Jane Lynch's Nazi-hunting mom this season) is a nominee for Best Spoken Word Album, for her audio book 'This Time Together.' In the same category: TV icon Michael J. Fox, hoping for his second Best Spoken Word win at the Grammys.
Of course, 'American Idol' winners (and near-winners) always fare well at the Grammys these days. Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson have received nominations (Hudson won in 2009, and will sing in an Aretha Franklin tribute tonight). And Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have both taken home plenty of Grammy gold.
As for 2011, Underwood looks to add to her five trophies, this time in the category of Best Female Country Performance. But Fantasia Barrino, up for two awards tonight, may still become the Susan Lucci of Grammy-nominated 'Idol' stars (so far, Barrino is 0 for 8).
And this year, 'American Idol' favorite Adam Lambert (runner-up in season 8) is up for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. But the man who won the season over Lambert, Kris Allen, was surprisingly shut out of the 2011 Grammys.
Read more from TVSquad here >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Kathy Griffin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kathy Griffin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Power Rangers Samurai Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested For Stabbing Roommate to Death With Sword: Report
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"
- Chris O'Dowd, Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome First Child, a Baby Boy Named Art O'Porter
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- Jurassic World Super Bowl Spot Has More Dinosaurs, More Mayhem and Chris Pratt Training Raptors!
- Idina Menzel Belts Out the National Anthem, Makes Fans Instantly Forget About That New Year's Eve Performance
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out Looking Fit and Healthy During Rare Public Shopping Trip—Take a Look!