Christina Aguilera Stumbles, But Was It a 'Trainwreck'?
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 14th 2011 09:45AM
Christina Aguilera remembered all the lyrics during her performance at the Grammys on Sunday. Too bad she forgot how to walk. Yes, yes, yes, the 'Beautiful' belter sang wonderfully and seemed to redeem herself a week after fudging the national anthem at the Super Bowl. But all anyone is talking about the morning after is the stumble seen round the world.
"It's a trainwreck," one insider backstage tells me. "No one knows what's going on with her, but whatever it is, it isn't good."
It wasn't exactly how she wanted to end her looong week. After getting through the tribute to Aretha Franklin unscathed, the camera was panning away, and you could just see Christina losing her footing. Contrary to reports out there, she did not fall on her a** and/or face. WATCH BELOW
"The audience at home could hardly see it because it was shot from afar. However, everyone in the stadium did and was shocked," my backstage source tells me. "She was acting very erratic backstage before her performance and wouldn't let anyone into her dressing room before the show began. Something is very wrong."
The audience wasn't too shaken by the minor mishap, though. Christina, along with Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Florence Welch and Yolanda Adams, earned a standing ovation from the Grammys audience.
Grammy Awards 2011
Lady Gaga arrives at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, in Los Angeles.
Chris Pizzello, AP
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!