CBS Reporter Serene Branson: Stroke On Air?
Scarily, rumors bubbled that Serene Branson may have suffered a stroke on air. Telegraph.co.uk wrote in an unsourced report, "It is feared that [Branson] may have suffered a stroke on air. Strokes can cause speech problems in different ways, either by interfering with the brain's ability to recognise and construct words, or by preventing the facial muscles from forming syllables correctly."
While the truth is still unclear, Branson's CBS Los Angeles page was updated some time since the video, saying she was "examined by paramedics."
The full update on Serene reads:
It's unclear when the update was posted or if more will come.
Serene Branson was examined by paramedics on scene immediately after her broadcast. Her vital signs were normal. She was not hospitalized. As a precautionary measure, a colleague gave her a ride home and she says that she is feeling fine this morning.
See the Serene Branson video:
TIME writes, "It's possible that what initially seemed like the next viral video was actually a real-time medical emergency." The magazine's post also links to an article about one stroke being suffered every 45 seconds in America.
The Awl, one of the early posters of the originally seemingly funny video, updated their post to address the situation. "The news is muddled on this -- if it's simply misspeaking, it's very funny. If it's actually a medical incident? That's horrible," Choire Sicha writes.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Scattered Mom Joan Rivers' Ashes While Vacationing in Wyoming
- Sandra Bullock's New Boyfriend, Bryan Randall, Is the "Nicest" — and Hottest! — Guy Ever: See His Modeling Pics!
- Khloe Kardashian Looks Skinnier Than Ever in New Waist Training Mirror Selfie
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged with 1983 murder of girlfriend
- James Bond author sorry for saying Idris Elba 'too street' for 007
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for storming stage at concert