CBS Reporter Serene Branson: Stroke On Air?
Scarily, rumors bubbled that Serene Branson may have suffered a stroke on air. Telegraph.co.uk wrote in an unsourced report, "It is feared that [Branson] may have suffered a stroke on air. Strokes can cause speech problems in different ways, either by interfering with the brain's ability to recognise and construct words, or by preventing the facial muscles from forming syllables correctly."
While the truth is still unclear, Branson's CBS Los Angeles page was updated some time since the video, saying she was "examined by paramedics."
The full update on Serene reads:
It's unclear when the update was posted or if more will come.
Serene Branson was examined by paramedics on scene immediately after her broadcast. Her vital signs were normal. She was not hospitalized. As a precautionary measure, a colleague gave her a ride home and she says that she is feeling fine this morning.
See the Serene Branson video:
TIME writes, "It's possible that what initially seemed like the next viral video was actually a real-time medical emergency." The magazine's post also links to an article about one stroke being suffered every 45 seconds in America.
The Awl, one of the early posters of the originally seemingly funny video, updated their post to address the situation. "The news is muddled on this -- if it's simply misspeaking, it's very funny. If it's actually a medical incident? That's horrible," Choire Sicha writes.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jay Leno Recalls Awkward Story With Bachelorette Trista Sutter, One of His Worst Guests Ever
- Lauren Scruggs Recalls Tragic Plane Accident Before Jason Kennedy Wedding -- Watch
- Joe Cocker Dead at Age 70: British Singer Dies After Lung Cancer Battle
- Oakland Raiders' Menelik Watson Donates Paycheck to 4-Year-Old Girl Battling Heart Condition
- Olivia Wilde's Post-Baby Bikini Body Is Seriously Out of Control—See for Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus DJs a Party in Festive Nipple Pasties and Tinsel Wig, Snaps Seductive Pics in Elf Costume