Sexy Channing Tatum Gets Drunk With a GQ Writer
Channing Tatum covers the March issue of GQ magazine with (surprise!) a sexy new photo shoot. But we're psyched to say the written profile is as enticing as the 30-year-old actor's physique.
Writer Jessica Pressler spent 24 hours "deep in the California desert" with 'The Eagle' hunk Tatum, who the magazine dubs "the wild one" and "America's most fun movie star."
"In real life he's a big, good-looking Tickle Me Elmo," Pressler says at the outset of a tequila-soaked tale that plays out as an adventure-mystery; the actor and journalist hunt to locate Tatum's iPhone after a night of debauchery and schmoozing with the locals of almost-ghost town Randsburg, Calif. It's a memorable article, to say the least. Read on for the talking points.
How Tatum starts a day in the life of this profile, speaking to his journalist compadre: "I'm having a beer. You should have one, too. It'll make us both feel better."
About that stint as a male stripper in a G-string, eventually revealed by Us Weekly: "I had wanted to tell people. I'm not ashamed of it. I don't regret one thing. I'm not a person who hides s**t."
Tatum and his buddy's mentality about the whole thing? "OK, we're just going to do this for a little while just to be crazy and insane; then we're getting out."
What his one-time co-star Marlon Wayans says: "If adrenaline were a drug, Channing would be the Charlie Sheen of adrenaline," after recalling a moment of Tatum diving into a stunt on 'G.I. Joe.'
Where does that craziness come from? "I think people pay money to see the actor go through a wall. I want to be like, 'Holy s**t, Johnny Depp actually jumped off that building. That guy's f**king crazy. I want to be him.'"
Tatum's assessment of Jagermeister: "Nectar of the gods!" (Before pounding his chest.)
Marlon Wayans on Tatum's wife, actress Jenna Dewan: "She has a way to calm him like nobody. It's like the music they played for King Kong."
On his potential future as an "it" actor: "No one's calling me for lawyer roles. I still have a lot to do to prove myself."
Channing -- or Chan, to his chums -- on ambition: "There are so many things I want to do. Like, I want to get an artist, a musician, a photographer and a bunch of dancers that I know, and just travel across Africa and just film it and just see what happens. Do and learn as much as I possibly can. Lucky, I have a lot more time."
As unbelievable as this all seems, Tatum seems to actually have a great time with journalists, telling Pressler at the closing: "I can't wait until you have the next interview with someone in this industry. If anyone tops this, you have to call me and be like, 'You just got topped.' And I'll be like, 'What! No! Where are you? I am flying to wherever you are. You have to call me. Promise.'"
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
- Russell Simmons Inks Overall Deal With HBO (Exclusive)
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs North American Rights to Clio Barnard's 'The Selfish Giant'
- Cannes: Bidder Pays $1.5 Million for Trip to Space with Leonardo DiCaprio
- Pop Culture Pet Peeve: Chain your door if you're in danger!
- Lucille Bluth vs. the Disney Princesses
- Robert Kirkman talks about his crime comic ?Thief of Thieves.' Plus: check out the first four pages of the new issue ? EXCLUSIVE
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son
- 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel
- 'Rush' Trailer: Death Is Something That Happens to Other People