Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Returns to WWE
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 15th 2011 11:02AM
The WWE star-turned-actor made his return to wrestling on last night's 'Raw,' where he was introduced as the host of the upcoming Wrestlemania XXVII. The match, scheduled for April 3 in Atlanta, will be Johnson's first Wrestlemania since 2004.
He told the audience of his decision to come back to the sport that made him a star, "You helped me accomplish my goals, helped me accomplish my dreams because you never lost my side ... Thank you, I love you, and it is because of you that I'm back in this ring and it's because of you, and I give you my word, that I am never, ever, going away."
Johnson singled out fellow WWE star John Cena as his main target for Wrestlemania, taking cracks at wrestler The Miz and Justin Bieber along the way.
All wrestling rage aside, Johnson graciously thanked his fans for supporting him while he pursued a film career, telling them, "After seven long years ... finally The Rock has come back home."
Part II of His Return:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- JoAnna Garcia and Nick Swisher: "We're So Excited to Be Parents"
- Lily Aldridge: Baby Dixie and I Are Vacationing in London This Summer!
- Jenelle Evans Arrested Again: Teen Mom 2 Star "Didn't Realize" She Had Court Date
- Brandi Glanville Rips LeAnn Rimes In Dispute Over Kids: ?I'm So Sick Of Lies'
- Amanda Bynes Flies Into A Rage As Controversy Grows Over Photos She Says Are Fake
- Break Time: Brad Pitt won't film any more sex scenes on screen
- Our favorite '80s teen crushes: Where are they now?
- Jo Wood: Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood and I were 'pioneers of crack'
- Brandi Glanville Tries to Reignite LeAnn Rimes Twitter Feud: "She Should Mind Her Business"
- Amanda Seyfried Talks About Having "Beautiful Huge Breasts" as a Teen
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Steps Out for First Time Since Leaving Treatment for Bipolar Disorder—See the Pic