Motley Crue's Vince Neil Begins Two Week Jail Sentence For DUI
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 15th 2011 03:15PM
The rocker arrived at the correctional facility to begin serving a two-week sentence for DUI, TMZ reports. Neil was arrested while driving his Lamborghini near the Las Vegas strip in June 2010. Despite declaring his sobriety only a week before the incident, tests revealed that Neil's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit when he was taken into police custody.
Neil pled guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence in a Las Vegas court in January, admitting in a statement, "I have recognized that you can't drink and drive at all."
The 2010 arrest wasn't the first time the 49-year-old singer found himself on the wrong side of the law: Neil was charged with vehicular manslaughter following drunken driving accident in 1984 that killed Hanoi Rocks drummer Nicholas Dingley and seriously injured the two passengers of the car Neil hit. Neil, who walked away uninjured, served 30 days in jail and paid $2.6 million to the accident's victims.
Ironically, only months before his 2010 arrest, the singer wrote in his memoir, 'Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back With One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen,' "There's just a point in your life where you kind of stop, that's what happened with me ... There's other things in life than just drugs and alcohol."
Following his incarceration, Neil will spend 15 days under house arrest.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Aww! Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas Share a Sweet Kiss
- No Bridezilla Here! Hayden Panettiere Is Laid-Back About Her Wedding