Motley Crue's Vince Neil Begins Two Week Jail Sentence For DUI
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 15th 2011 03:15PM
The rocker arrived at the correctional facility to begin serving a two-week sentence for DUI, TMZ reports. Neil was arrested while driving his Lamborghini near the Las Vegas strip in June 2010. Despite declaring his sobriety only a week before the incident, tests revealed that Neil's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit when he was taken into police custody.
Neil pled guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence in a Las Vegas court in January, admitting in a statement, "I have recognized that you can't drink and drive at all."
The 2010 arrest wasn't the first time the 49-year-old singer found himself on the wrong side of the law: Neil was charged with vehicular manslaughter following drunken driving accident in 1984 that killed Hanoi Rocks drummer Nicholas Dingley and seriously injured the two passengers of the car Neil hit. Neil, who walked away uninjured, served 30 days in jail and paid $2.6 million to the accident's victims.
Ironically, only months before his 2010 arrest, the singer wrote in his memoir, 'Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back With One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen,' "There's just a point in your life where you kind of stop, that's what happened with me ... There's other things in life than just drugs and alcohol."
Following his incarceration, Neil will spend 15 days under house arrest.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Teresa Giudice's Life in Prison: Working Out and Dreaming of Spray Tans
- Human Ken Doll 2.0! Man Pays Over $265K to Reinvent Himself with Plastic Surgery
- Bruce Jenner Spotted Pouting in Public, and New Details About His Supposed Docu-Series
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!