Michael Lohan Admits to Booking Lindsay on 'Letterman'
CBS announced Tuesday that the 'Mean Girls' star would appear on David Letterman's show to deliver the famous Top Ten list, a claim now being refuted by the network.
CBS reports that they were duped into believing the actress would come on the program by someone claiming to be a member of Lohan's inner circle. Lindsay's father, Michael, has since come forward as the source behind the idea, telling TMZ that he thought up the plan after Letterman made a joke about Lindsay, which reportedly amused the actress.
Although Lindsay claims that she never agreed to appear on Letterman's show, Michael Lohan says that it was his daughter's handlers who stopped the plan from going forward.
"Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."
The network released the following statement regarding the appearance this morning:
Despite Dina Lohan's assertion that things are "all good" with her daughter, the actress was accused of swiping a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, Calif., boutique shortly after leaving a lengthy rehab stint.
"Lindsay Lohan will not be delivering a Top Ten list on Thursday's LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, as had been previously announced. We made a mistake. Someone purporting to be a friend of Lindsay's reached out to the show yesterday, allegedly on her behalf, and booked her to appear. Clearly, this person was not authorized to make commitments on her behalf. We wish Lindsay well, and look forward to having her on the show in the future."
Following Lohan's entry of a not guilty plea, the judge trying the case told the troubled star, "You need to follow the law just like everyone else. You are no different than anyone else, so please don't push your luck. I'm telling you -- things will be different."
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Troublemakers -
- Lindsay Lohan -
- David Letterman -
- Huffington Post - Entertainment
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stephanie Pratt Goes Topless on Magazine Cover, Says Tell-All Memoir Will Reveal Hills Secrets
- Adrienne Bailon Performs Selena Song on 20th Anniversary of Singer's Death: Watch the Cheetah Girl's First Performance in Six Years
- Jamie Dornan Admitted He Stalked a Woman to Prepare For His Role in The Fall: "It Felt Kind of Exciting"
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Lupita Nyong'o: There's ''Nothing Comfortable About Being an Actor," but She's Taking Grace-Under-Pressure Cues From Emma Thompson
- Pregnant Milla Jovovich Passes Her Due Date, Swears She's "Packed and Ready" for Her Baby Girl's Arrival
- Scott Eastwood ''Lucky'' He Had Chemistry With Co-Star Britt Robertson, Says He Was ''Pretty Comfortable'' With Sex Scenes