Michael Lohan Admits to Booking Lindsay on 'Letterman'
CBS announced Tuesday that the 'Mean Girls' star would appear on David Letterman's show to deliver the famous Top Ten list, a claim now being refuted by the network.
CBS reports that they were duped into believing the actress would come on the program by someone claiming to be a member of Lohan's inner circle. Lindsay's father, Michael, has since come forward as the source behind the idea, telling TMZ that he thought up the plan after Letterman made a joke about Lindsay, which reportedly amused the actress.
Although Lindsay claims that she never agreed to appear on Letterman's show, Michael Lohan says that it was his daughter's handlers who stopped the plan from going forward.
"Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."
The network released the following statement regarding the appearance this morning:
Despite Dina Lohan's assertion that things are "all good" with her daughter, the actress was accused of swiping a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, Calif., boutique shortly after leaving a lengthy rehab stint.
"Lindsay Lohan will not be delivering a Top Ten list on Thursday's LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, as had been previously announced. We made a mistake. Someone purporting to be a friend of Lindsay's reached out to the show yesterday, allegedly on her behalf, and booked her to appear. Clearly, this person was not authorized to make commitments on her behalf. We wish Lindsay well, and look forward to having her on the show in the future."
Following Lohan's entry of a not guilty plea, the judge trying the case told the troubled star, "You need to follow the law just like everyone else. You are no different than anyone else, so please don't push your luck. I'm telling you -- things will be different."
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Troublemakers -
- Lindsay Lohan -
- David Letterman -
- Huffington Post - Entertainment
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes to Cop for Racial Profiling Comments: ''Sometimes as Humans We Over React''
- Calvin Harris Is ''Taken With'' Taylor Swift: "They Have Been Having Secret Meetups,'' Source Reveals
- Audra McDonald Joining Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast? Get the Scoop and See Who She'd Play!