'House' Star Lisa Edelstein Stars in Controversial 'Right to Choose' Ad
By Christo Varghese Posted Feb 16th 2011 05:30AM
In the ad, Edelstein plays a 1950s-era woman walking nervously down a hallway toward a door. At the same time, in the background, viewers can hear Edelstein say, "Decades ago, women suffered through horrifying back alley abortions. Or, they used dangerous methods when they had no other recourse."
As she gets closer to the door, her voice continues in the background. "So when the Republican Party launched an all out assault on women's health, pushing bills to limit access to vital services, why is the GOP trying to send women back ... to the back alley?"
The ad ends with the shot of Edelstein, dressed in modern day clothing, tearfully opening a closet door to reveal a wire clothes hanger. Watch the ad after the jump.
RadarOnline reports that Edelstein, who is an outspoken advocate for women's rights, explained her decision to star in the ad. "I decided to do this ad because I believe that every woman needs to know the grave danger that women's reproductive rights are facing in Congress right now."
She continues by saying, "I hope that women across America tell Congress that these bills are an attack on women's health and that they are unacceptable."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emmy Rossum Spoofs Gisele Bundchen's Breastfeeding Photo
- Miley Cyrus to Perform Live in Times Square on New Year's Eve
- Christopher Evan Welch Dead: Rubicon Actor Dies at 48
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- One Direction fans attack Lorde's boyfriend with racist tweets
- Kim Kardashian defends giving 10 percent of eBay auction proceeds to charity, says its plenty
- Snubbed! Golden Globes leave Winfrey, Hanks, Scorcese out in the cold