James Van Der Beek to Play Himself in ABC Pilot
By AOL TV Editors Posted Feb 17th 2011 07:15AM
On the heels of those hilarious Funny or Die videos and the "Why didn't I think of that?" web venture known as James Van Der Memes comes the news that the former 'Dawson's Creek' actor is set to star in the ABC pilot 'Don't Trust the B***h in Apt. 23' -- as himself.
According to Vulture, the man formerly known as Dawson Leery will play "a heightened version of himself" a la Neil Patrick Harris in the 'Harold and Kumar' movies and Matt LeBlanc on 'Episodes.'
The fictional Van Der Beek is the BFF of the titular b***h, Chloe, played by Krysten Ritter. 'The Good Wife' actress Dreama Walker stars as an innocent out-of-towner who moves in with Chloe, whom TV Line hilariously describes as "a sexy, unstable New York City party girl who has the morals of a pirate."
The best part of the whole thing: The role was originally written as Lance Bass.
See more at TV Squad, and just in case you've forgotten Van Der Beek's vast array of emotions, watch 'Vandermemes' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince George Looks Like Prince William's Double in Cute Christening Outfit: See The Amazing Flashback Photo
- Princess Charlotte's Christening: All the Details From Inside the Ceremony
- Princess Charlotte Is Christened! Details From the Private Service
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home