James Van Der Beek to Play Himself in ABC Pilot
By AOL TV Editors Posted Feb 17th 2011 07:15AM
On the heels of those hilarious Funny or Die videos and the "Why didn't I think of that?" web venture known as James Van Der Memes comes the news that the former 'Dawson's Creek' actor is set to star in the ABC pilot 'Don't Trust the B***h in Apt. 23' -- as himself.
According to Vulture, the man formerly known as Dawson Leery will play "a heightened version of himself" a la Neil Patrick Harris in the 'Harold and Kumar' movies and Matt LeBlanc on 'Episodes.'
The fictional Van Der Beek is the BFF of the titular b***h, Chloe, played by Krysten Ritter. 'The Good Wife' actress Dreama Walker stars as an innocent out-of-towner who moves in with Chloe, whom TV Line hilariously describes as "a sexy, unstable New York City party girl who has the morals of a pirate."
The best part of the whole thing: The role was originally written as Lance Bass.
See more at TV Squad, and just in case you've forgotten Van Der Beek's vast array of emotions, watch 'Vandermemes' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!