James Van Der Beek to Play Himself in ABC Pilot
By AOL TV Editors Posted Feb 17th 2011 07:15AM
On the heels of those hilarious Funny or Die videos and the "Why didn't I think of that?" web venture known as James Van Der Memes comes the news that the former 'Dawson's Creek' actor is set to star in the ABC pilot 'Don't Trust the B***h in Apt. 23' -- as himself.
According to Vulture, the man formerly known as Dawson Leery will play "a heightened version of himself" a la Neil Patrick Harris in the 'Harold and Kumar' movies and Matt LeBlanc on 'Episodes.'
The fictional Van Der Beek is the BFF of the titular b***h, Chloe, played by Krysten Ritter. 'The Good Wife' actress Dreama Walker stars as an innocent out-of-towner who moves in with Chloe, whom TV Line hilariously describes as "a sexy, unstable New York City party girl who has the morals of a pirate."
The best part of the whole thing: The role was originally written as Lance Bass.
See more at TV Squad, and just in case you've forgotten Van Der Beek's vast array of emotions, watch 'Vandermemes' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- Jason Derulo Broke Up With Jordin Sparks Over the Phone, Said Their Sex Life Wasn't to Blame For the Split
- Jeopardy's "What Women Want" Category Slammed as Sexist
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'