New Zealand icon Lucy Lawless has kicked butt on the small screen for years and she's doing it again on the Starz gladiator hit 'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' as Lucretia.
Now, as she looks back at a moment that truly transformed her, Lawless thinks back to her first days working as the 'go-to girl.' "A really important moment where I remember that everything changed, you know when you get your first big job? You are the star and everyone is looking at you all the time and there are people to hold the umbrella over your head and there are people to do up your shoes and fit you into your costume. And you get to think that that's what they do," Lawless recalls.
You are one of [the crew]. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you.
"And I remember saying something and the person who was at my feet doing up my boots did not respond in a way that affirmed me. I realized that this girl, that I wanted her to think well of me."
"I wanted her to think well of me and that changed everything from that moment on. From then on, when the wardrobe girl came in the morning, anything I could do by myself was on. That really changed my relationship with crew forever and for the better. Because you are one of them. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!