New Zealand icon Lucy Lawless has kicked butt on the small screen for years and she's doing it again on the Starz gladiator hit 'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' as Lucretia.
Now, as she looks back at a moment that truly transformed her, Lawless thinks back to her first days working as the 'go-to girl.' "A really important moment where I remember that everything changed, you know when you get your first big job? You are the star and everyone is looking at you all the time and there are people to hold the umbrella over your head and there are people to do up your shoes and fit you into your costume. And you get to think that that's what they do," Lawless recalls.
You are one of [the crew]. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you.
"And I remember saying something and the person who was at my feet doing up my boots did not respond in a way that affirmed me. I realized that this girl, that I wanted her to think well of me."
"I wanted her to think well of me and that changed everything from that moment on. From then on, when the wardrobe girl came in the morning, anything I could do by myself was on. That really changed my relationship with crew forever and for the better. Because you are one of them. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael B. Jordan Slams Racist "Internet Trolls" Who Are Angry About His Fantastic Four Casting As Johnny Storm
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance For Jurassic World Press Tour: "I Am Just Dumb!"
- Delaware Police Rally to Help Fan With Down Syndrome, Cancer Meet Taylor Swift
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Jana Kramer From One Tree Hill & Michael Caussin Are Married—See Their Gorgeous Wedding Photo!
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away