New Zealand icon Lucy Lawless has kicked butt on the small screen for years and she's doing it again on the Starz gladiator hit 'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' as Lucretia.
Now, as she looks back at a moment that truly transformed her, Lawless thinks back to her first days working as the 'go-to girl.' "A really important moment where I remember that everything changed, you know when you get your first big job? You are the star and everyone is looking at you all the time and there are people to hold the umbrella over your head and there are people to do up your shoes and fit you into your costume. And you get to think that that's what they do," Lawless recalls.
You are one of [the crew]. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you.
"And I remember saying something and the person who was at my feet doing up my boots did not respond in a way that affirmed me. I realized that this girl, that I wanted her to think well of me."
"I wanted her to think well of me and that changed everything from that moment on. From then on, when the wardrobe girl came in the morning, anything I could do by myself was on. That really changed my relationship with crew forever and for the better. Because you are one of them. You are just the acting department. The whole show doesn't actually ride on you."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alicia Keys Shares Stunning Family Photo With Swizz Beatz, New Baby Genesis
- Elizabeth Berkley Gushes About "Emotional" Saved by the Bell Reunion: Watch
- Margot Robbie Dominates Jimmy Fallon in Epic Flip Cup Game: Watch!
- Kelly Osbourne exiting 'Fashion Police' after Zendaya hair flap
- World's biggest private Harry Potter collection on display in Mexico
- Spock's ears: A pointy trademark for Leonard Nimoy
- Even Kate Upton Needs a Touch-Up! Model Steps Out Makeup-Free, Reveals Blotchy Skin
- Amber Rose's Butt Comes Up in Manslaughter Trial: Defendant Claims She Gave Amber Injections!
- Robert De Niro Didn't Mean to Not Pay $6.4 Million in Taxes—the IRS Just Mixed Up His Address!