Trudie Styler Talks Steamy Bazaar Photos, Lasting Love With Sting
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 17th 2011 05:10PM
Were you surprised by the response your Bazaar shot got?
The response has been very positive, especially here in the U.S. People appreciate our relationship. There were a couple of folks who didn't understand it, but they hadn't seen the pictures. It was a fashion shoot with an amazing photographer, Terry Richardson, and beautiful clothes -- I think they're great photos.
Does all the affection you guys show ever embarrass your kids?
I think they're probably used to it by now. I'm sure it's much more positive than having parents who show no affection, or who don't even seem to like each other. I'm happy if we're an example of how a relationship can work for many years.
Why do a lot of celebrity couples deliberately not talk about private lives (Beyonce and Jay-Z, Chris Martin & Gwennie)
Better ask them! I don't go out of my way to talk about our private life, but sometimes small things get blown out of all proportion. I don't really think the public REALLY knows anything about our private life –- they just think they do!
You are getting ready to perform with Sting portraying the love of Robert and Clara Schumann. Tell me about it?
I worked with John Caird, the director who devised this piece, in my 20s at the Royal Shakespeare Company, so he knew me as an actor. I also think the fact that a husband and wife are playing another husband and wife had a lot of appeal. We always perform the piece as a fundraiser, and I absolutely love doing it.
Is it strange reading love letters to the man you love in public?
Not really, and I think it adds layers of meaning –- we can identify with the Schumanns being in love with one another, and I always find it extremely emotional to play Clara because it is really a tragic story.
What's the secret to saying so in love?
I feel very lucky in my life because we do still want to be with one another after all these years, but I don't take it for granted. Perhaps that's important, not to take things for granted. Relationships are hard work, and I'm glad that we both still want to make it work.
For more information about the performance, click here.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Highbrow -
- Music News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Sharknado 2' recap: Taking a bite out of New York City
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch Vin Diesel say ?I am Groot' in French, Spanish, Mandarin, and more
- Elijah Wood on the celeb breakup he's still not over
- Other DC Comics characters we want on ?Arrow' and ?The Flash'
- Check Out Heidi Klum's Incredible $25-Million Mega Mansion!
- ?Bachelorette' Nick Viall: ?I Said What I Had to Say'
- ?True Blood' Star Anna Camp Dishes on Series Finale, Making 'Pitch Perfect 2'
- Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray's Bachelorette Love Story: See Their Cutest Moments
- Khloe Kardashian Responds to Adrienne Bailon Bashing Rob; Brody Jenner Defends Kendall: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Justin Bieber "Ducked" Orlando Bloom's Punch After Making Comment About Miranda Kerr: Details