Beyonce Channels 'Real Housewives' With Her Blonde Hair
By Jo Piazza Posted Feb 18th 2011 01:00PM
Pop-Ed: Holy Camille Grammer! Beyonce has gone blonde in a big, big way. There's nothing wrong with mixing up your hair now and then, and this certainly isn't the first time Beyonce has lightened things up a bit. But some style experts are worried the singer has gone a little too big and too blonde and encroached on the territory of the 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.'
"She looks like an RHOBH!!!!!! Or Orange County from back in the day? Or that crazy one in Atlanta with the bad Dolly Parton hair? Who knows. Point is, she doesn't look like Beyonce anymore," wrote hair and style expert Jackie Cascarano on the Lock & Mane blog.
Mind you, Beyonce isn't the first beautiful brunette to go bombshell blonde and channel an 'Real Housewife,' or perhaps a stripper with daddy issues.
Back in January, Kate Beckinsale had her way with a bottle of bleach and some hot rollers to the same effect. Cascarano adds that she doesn't understand the blonde ambition for famous ladies, since blondes seem to be a dime a dozen in Hollywood.
Crushable Editor-in-Chief Lilit Marcus agrees, but thinks women in celebrity-land just can't help themselves. To them, blonde = better.
"I've noticed that the more famous someone gets, the blonder they get -- take Nicole Kidman, Ashlee Simpson or Emma Stone, for example. But Beyonce is so freaking famous she shouldn't need to change anything about herself. That hair makes her look like a cross between Camille Grammer and a country singer. Why does Beyonce want to rip off someone else's look when so many people would die to look like her?" Marcus wonders.
Of course not everyone is a hater of Beyonce's new 'do. Polly Blitzer, founder and editor-in-chief of Beauty Blitz, thinks Beyonce is actually channeling a girl next door rather than a housewife next door. Though Blitzer is a fan of the look, even she was a little taken aback by it.
"Beyonce's new hair color and curly style is an unexpected wholesome girl-next-door statement -- she typically goes to extremes with glints of silver or ultra-long extensions or an endless sea of ringlets," Blitzer says. "But I was surprised to see her latest look -- it looked almost like she's gone to one of those 'Try on a celeb hairstyle' websites and superimposed the 'Kate Hudson' look on her face. But the look works for her. Her buttery blonde has just enough caramel lowlights to complement her skin tone."
MORE ABOUT Beyonce Knowles
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Beyonce Knowles Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sam Smith: Being called far hurts more than anti-gay slurs
- Randy Travis pens touching letter to fans after ACM appearance
- War hero Noah Galloway angry about rehearsal spat shown on 'Dancing With The Stars'
- 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Slams Cheating Rumors, Shocked by Divorce
- Bobby Brown Clarifies Conflicting Reports on Bobbi Kristina's Condition
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Move Forward to Finalizing Divorce
- Kim Richards Talks Arrest on Dr Phil: "None of This Would Have Happened if I Didn't Drink"
- John Stamos Confirms Full House Reunion: Show Coming Back for 13-Episode Netflix Special
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Recap: Rumer Willis, Val Chmerkovskiy Perform a Sexy "Bootylicious"