James Franco, Mom and Grandma Join Twitter
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 18th 2011 04:50PM
Oscar nominee James Franco has just found out how it feels, now that his mother and grandmother have joined Twitter. Luckily for the '127 Hours' star, their tweets have been pretty benign (and adorable) so far.
Franco, who joined Twitter today, is not following his family just yet, but might want to get in on the action while he's still the topic of conversation.
James' grandmother, Mitzie, who writes as @GrandmaMitz, has recently joined other "#mominees," a group of women on Twitter whose children are up for Oscars, and has, in a short time, expressed not only her pride for her grandson, but a period of time spent in Japan and her recent fashion choices.
"Just selected #Oscars gown. Designed by Madame Kiraly 35 yrs ago. Understated Japanese kimono fabric. Had to let out the seams. #mominees," she wrote.
James' mom, Betsy (@FrancosMom), has lots of glowing things to say about all of her children, although much of her feed revolves around the most famous of her brood.
Her account includes fan gold like, "James was very curious about everything from the time he was born--had an amazing attention span," and "No, I don't know how James does it all. Guess he thrives on creativity."
In addition to the Franco family, other Oscar nominees' moms have joined the movement, including 'The Fighter' director David O. Russell's mom, Theresa, and 'Toy Story 3' director Lee Unkrich's mom, Emilie.
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
MORE ABOUT James Franco
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about James Franco Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- You, Too, Can Party Like a Fashion Editor ? But It'll Cost You
- Liberty Ross Designs Limited-Edition Line for Genetic Denim
- Deborah Lippmann Thinks We'll See These 5 Nail Trends During Awards Season
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Ranking All the Reasons to Kill
- The 7 Greatest HBO Shows of All Time (PHOTOS)
- Stop What You're Doing and Watch Bob Barker Punch An Animal Hater