Justin Bieber Named MVP of 2011 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
By Christine Fenno Posted Feb 19th 2011 01:03PM
Contributing eight points, two rebounds and four assists to his team (which lost), Justin Bieber ended up winning the title of Most Valuable Player by game's end, according to an NPR report, which describes the "vertically challenged" pop star "bouncing with every step" as he "scampered" to the screams of girls in the stands.
What was Bieber's secret to MVP glory? Recruiting his legion of loyal followers on Twitter to vote via text, and lock up the title for him. It certainly wasn't due to the 3-pointer he missed, a shot that would have tied the score with just 30 seconds left on the clock.
About his teammate, Rick Fox said, "He has the softest hair." The former Laker (and recent 'DWTS' dancer) reportedly patted Bieber on the head midway through the game.
Bieber's other Western Conference teammates included 'Chuck' star Zach Levi, Trey Songz, Romeo Miller and Lamar Odom's brother-in-law, Rob Kardashian. They were coached by Magic Johnson, with official assistance from Jimmy Kimmel and 'Modern Family' star Ty Burrell. Despite all that talent, the Eastern Conference won 54-49.
Scottie Pippen led his team, coached by Hall of Famer Bill Walton, to victory along with East teammates Common, Jason Sudeikis, Nick Cannon and Michael Rapaport.
The roster of professionals on the court also included WNBA stars Tamika Catchings and Swin Cash.
During the game, Bieber summed it up: "I'm just running back and forth. I'm controlling this whole team. I'm just kidding."
Stars Working Out
Kellan Lutz leaves the gym looking ripped on September 30th.
Celebrities Working Out
- Filed under:
- Music News
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Juan Pablo could be the most detested bachelor in history of show
- ?Cosmos' then and now: The ?personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson
- ?Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. to Tie the Knot
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Lena Dunham Stars in Saturday Night Live Scandal Spoof as Awkward New Gladiator Kelsey: Watch the Video Here
- Stacy Keibler Secretly Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Ceremony in Mexico
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her