Ke$ha Is the Modern Shakespeare: Dramatic Readings of Pop Songs
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Feb 19th 2011 07:00PM
What could be more romantic than William Shatner asking you to stand under his umbrella? What makes old ladies go through their oxygen tanks faster than James Earl Jones saying, "baby, baby, baby." Or how about Jude Law talking about his "muffin?"
Take a look at these celebs who are taking the words of our pop icons very, very seriously. From Rihanna to The Beatles, in the end, they're all poets.
Move over Justin Bieber. It isn't only his full head of hair at the age of 80 that puts Justin's side-swept locks to shame, but his reading of the hit, "Baby, baby, baby" on 'The Gayle King Show' will undoubtedly get nursing home ladies across the country more than a little frisky. Forget hoards of screaming tweens, James' rendition is sure to bust an oxygen tank or two.
Watch more dramatic readings after the jump!
Forget harpists or a string quartet, if you really want to impress the ladies, hire William Shatner to give a romantic reading of a pop love song like Rihanna's 'Umbrella.' Complete with imaginary props, nothing says 'I love you' more than William's dramatic interpretation of the words, "ella, ella, ella, ey, ey ey."
Jude Law certainly isn't "bluffin' with [his] muffin" in this reading of Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.' Accent and all, Jude gives Gaga a run for her money with his dramatic denouement, forcefully repeating that no one can read his poker face.
But Christopher Walken's startling interpretation of Gaga's 'Poker Face' "oh"s and "ooo"s puts Jude's tame rendition to shame. Christopher used 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross' as his platform to let loose and "get him hot."
British comedian and actor, Peter Sellers, gave a staccato reading of the Beatles' classic, 'A Hard Day's Night.' Shifting in his chair, Peter makes pitch perfect comedic pauses to take the sweet ballad to a sexual level. Well done.
There's nothing like a Pulitzer Prize-winning poet adding a dash of glitter to his usual dry and academic readings. Here, Paul breaks down K$sha's lyrical masterpiece, 'Tik Tok.' 'King Lear' references? He thinks, yes.
Peter O'Toole of 'Lawrence of Arabia' fame gets spicy in this rendition of the Spice Girls' 'Wannabe.' Wing-back leather chairs never looked so hot.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paula Patton on 'becoming an adult' after Robin Thicke split
- Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Russell Crowe: Michael Jackson prank called me for three years
- Report: Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Rushed to Hospital After 911 Call
- Exclusive! Joe Giudice Describes Teresa's Life in Prison and More
- Go Gold! Get Rumer Willis' ?Dancing with the Stars' Sexy Samba Beauty Look!
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion Recap: Lisa Vanderpump, Brandi Glanville Butt Heads in Part 1
- Behati Prinsloo Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction, Flashes Her Bare Butt ? See the Photo!
- Tracy Morgan Still Using Cane to Walk Almost Year After Tragic Car Accident ? See the Recent Pic