Justin Bieber Fearful of Fan 'Crushes'
By AOL Music Editors Posted Feb 21st 2011 10:33AM
Rabid Bieber fans have forced the 'Never Say Never' singer's management to put their foot down and refuse to book the star at any arenas or other venues with standing-room only space.
Bieber's bodyguard, Kenneth Hamilton, recently told Rolling Stone that he fears for some of the young fans' safety, saying "You've got a mob pushing, and even if it's little girls, they're crawling on top of each other with their arms and elbows, and getting injured."
Safety and security issues regarding fans' 'fever' for Bieber have been an issue for quite some time. Last April, a Bieber concert in Sydney was cancelled after fans broke down a crowd barrier and stampeded forward, crushing young fans against the stage.
In December, Bieber had to stop a fan fight in Pittsburgh, after several girls fought over a towel he threw into the audience.
Bieber has even had his own brushes with fans and had to escape on a segway from a mob of girls chasing him before a concert last summer in Glendale, Ariz. Most recently, over-zealous fans became frantic, even sending death threats, when Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding beat out Bieber in the Best New Artist category. His rumored girlfriend, singer Selena Gomez, has also received similar threats from fans via Twitter.
The new restriction may also put an end to some of Bieber's smaller appearances, including CD signings, which the artist has cancelled in the past for security reasons.
Management has reportedly confirmed all seated venues for Bieber's upcoming My World tour in Europe, which kicks off in the UK on March 4.
Get more at Aol. Music >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- Gone Too Soon: An Emotional Look Back at the Stars We Lost in 2014
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Baby Boy's Unusual Name!
- Lance Bass Weds Michael Turchin, and an 'N Sync Member Performs!
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Demetria McKinney Makes Her Housewives Debut, Apollo Nida Cuddles Phaedra Parks and More
- Sony Plans to Release The Interview After Pulling It: "It Will Be Distributed"
- Tom Brokaw's Cancer Is in Remission: "I Face the New Year With Very Encouraging News"